Zootechnician Translational Pharmacology
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in ROMAINVILLE, France we are looking for a Zootechnician
Scope of the job
The Translational Pharmacology in-vivo team has a job opportunity for a zootechnician for the animal facilities in Romainville. For this role, we are in particular looking for your technical skills and conscientious application of all standard and ethical procedures related to animal welfare.
Your role more in detail:
- Ensure hygiene and maintenance of facilities and equipment in accordance with hygiene and safety procedures
- Daily checks of the facilities parameters (temperature, pressure, humidity)
- Work in confined environments (A2, A3)
- Participate in the organization of the facilities (animal orders, entry and exit records, health monitoring records, verification of the pharmaceutical specialties register, orders of specific equipment, reception, identification, inventory)
- Participate in the monitoring of the facilities equipment (interventions of internal or external technical staff).
- Working in accordance with ethical rules
- Animal care and daily health monitoring
- Support technicians (preparation of surgical and killing rooms, animal handling, all routes administrations, participation in surgery (if trained), sacrifices, mating, weaning, identification of animals...)
Who are you?
- Your initial training: BEP, BEPA or BTA
- In addition, a special training in animal experimentation (level A, ‘réalisateur’, ‘habilitation II’)
- 3-5 years of prior experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of animal testing regulations
- Knowledge of hygiene and safety rules, ability to use a sterilizer (or motivated to follow a training)
- Knowledge in animal biology & physiology and welfare
- Proficient in MS Office : Word, Excel
- Physical capacity (standing, loading, handling)
- Keen to work in a team with an open and transparent communication style (mostly in French, English is a plus)
- Someone who builds sustainable relationships with zootechnicians, technicians, supervisors, internal or external stakeholders
- Good oral and written communication
- You are motivated, dynamic, rigorous, conscientious, organized, autonomous and you respect deadlines and procedures
- Please note that this position requires your regular availability on weekends and bank holidays
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!