Value and Market Access Manager - UK
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast-growing Biotech company with offices throughout Europe.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit, status quo-fighters & collaborative innovators. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
Our UK commercial team is already quickly expanding, so we are looking for the Value & Market Access (V&MA) Manager
Scope of the job
As V&MA Manager you will have the accountability to contribute to the market access strategy at national and local level, define & implement the product value proposition, support for formulary inclusion at local level and support and lead project implementation within the V&MA team. You will also interact with medical and commercial department and be an active part in team development. In this role you will be a point of contact for the global team concerning the activities and projects related to our product in the UK, contributing, translating and implementing the strategies and projects by adapting the initiatives that best suits the UK context. You will be responsible for maintaining a strong business relationship with different external payor stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Market Access strategy both pre and post launch;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of HTA submissions, economic models (budget impact models and cost effectiveness models) to meet national market access needs
- Lead, prepare and build, the materials chest to meet local market access needs
- Interact and contribute with global team to adapt and customise global projects
- Demonstrate high impact negotiation skills in all customer environments to deliver business outcomes.
- Ensure a close cooperative productive working relationship with colleagues in other teams e.g. other Commercial, Medical etc. to manage opportunities to ensure the successful implementation of all possible synergies
- Anticipate macro trends and shifts in the healthcare marketplace which trigger customer strategy review and utilise this knowledge to help the shaping or reshaping of strategic and operational frames.
- Proactively seeks to understand competitor activities, strategies, and programs and ensure that this competitive intelligence is shared broadly within the organisation;
- Identify and propose a policy initiative plan accordingly with Company Global plan and objectives.
Who are you?
- Preferably scientific/economic profile who can think independently and act autonomously.
- Have a master/bachelor level degree.
- 3-5 years Marketing experience with 2 years plus in market access / health economics or something similar.
- Drive for self-development with a solution & action-oriented work ethic.
- Proven clear, concise communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Proven project management skills/qualifications
- Ability to work collaboratively & cross functionally
- Ability to think strategically & execute tactically
- Pharmacoeconomic principles knowledge desirable
- Previous experience in pricing strategy, market access, UK HTA processes and numerically competent
- High cost or orphan medicines experience
- Good knowledge of UK healthcare landscape, including national & local payors, providers and healthcare funding flows and ability to turn knowledge into insights
- Proven experience of interacting with and shaping relationships directly with healthcare stakeholders, especially payors
- Experience working in a payor organisation is desirable
- Knowledge of payor decision making process and who are the key payor stakeholders
- Experience in participating and interacting with internal global stakeholders useful
- Microsoft Fluent
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
Note: This job description describes the principal and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job as they currently exist but is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule and is not part of the contract of employment.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company where you will be able to help the shaping of the completely new UK team and approach. As a ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!