Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), the Netherlands (Leiden), Germany (Munich), France (Romainville / Paris), Switzerland (Basel), UK (London), Italy (Milan), Spain (Madrid) and in US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for a Technician / Senior Technician Scale-up (6 months temporary contract)
Scope of the Job:
Within the Development department based in Romainville (FR), the Technician Scale-up is responsible for managing the day-to-day support activities in the scale-up laboratory. He/She will execute the route optimization and the manufacturing of the first preclinical batch of API.
Who are you ?
Bachelor (or equivalent / DUT-BTS) in Organic Chemistry
Relevant working experience in a chemistry laboratory (minimum 5 years) preferably in an industrial setting with a quality-driven environment applying standard operating procedures.
A previous experience in scale-up is an asset.
Specific Skills :
- Organic synthesis knowledge and experimental expertise
- Data gathering, problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- English speaking and writing skills are an asset
- Strong organization skills and a high degree of flexibility are important
General and Communication Skills :
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Good team player, capable to organize his/her time and work schedule under limited supervision
- Computer skills and proficiency in the required softwares (MS Office, ChemDraw, SciFinder…).
The Laboratory Technician will work closely with the Scientists and the Scale-up Team Leader.