Technician in vitro and in vivo - Romainville,FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Technician in vitro and in vivo - Romainville,FR
Scope of the job
As member of a research team, the Technician supports projects in different therapeutic areas, including metabolic and kidney diseases, by providing technical analysis and input. In order to validate targets and evaluate activity and mode of action of GLPG compounds, he / she will design technical studies, organize and run biomarker assays in accordance with project timelines. You will also participate to the development of biomarker for clinical development. These activities are done in a team-oriented, result-driven and international research environment.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Identify the most relevant technical approaches (protocols or methods) and analytical methods for your studies;
- Independently organize and execute complex assay on biological ex vivo or in vivo material on which GLPG coumpounds have been applied, in accordance with the project requirement;
- Previous experience on different types of biological material such as cells, whole blood, biological fluids, tissue explants and tissue biopsies;
- Propose or implement innovative equipment, techniques or technologies;
- Responsible for the accuracy of the results; analyses the conformity of the data, identifies gaps and implements corrective measures;
- Involved in data analyses; suggest any idea or innovation to solve problems that arise in the own area of expertise;
- Actively follow the literature on new methods to translate it into experimental design;
- Mentor or supervise technician(s), apprentice(s) or student(s);
- Contribution to the level of productivity in the laboratory and participate to the laboratory management;
- Actively collaborate with other areas of expertise
- You perform laboratory experiments independently and / or in a team, following validated protocols or as directed by your manager.
- You show flexibility and rapid adaptation to new goals.
- You provide and share a critical and constructive analysis of the results obtained.
- You document your work in industry-standard lab books, report on it, and present it to your project manager.
Who are you?
- Bachelor degree in Life Sciences with at least 5 years of experience, ideally in pharmaceutical industry
- Alternative profile: Master + 3-5 years of experience who really want to focus on the technical part of the job; could eventually be involved a little in scientific analysis but won’t grow on the scientific field (must really want to grow as a technical expert)
- You have worked with at least some of the following technologies (luminescent and fluorescent readings, RT-qPCR, flow cytometry, ELISA, Western Blot). In vivo and ex vivo pharmacology experience is an asset.
- Software required: Office 365 - Excel (expert), Powerpoint (advanced), Word, Outlook, Skype, Zoom (basic).
- You have good organizational skills, as well as interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- You work effectively in a team environment while showing independence.
- You have the ability to provide accurate work and reports.
- You are well organized, you are able to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Knowledge in English, both in writing and verbal
- You are rigorous and work with precision.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!