Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in Boston (US).
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Technician in Immuno-Inflammation In vivo Pharmacology for the Romainville site – 7 months fixed term contract
Scope of the job
Within the Department of Pharmacology in vivo, you are involved in conducting rodent pharmacology studies.
You will have the opportunity to work in the exciting and dynamic environment of a reputable and successful international biotechnology company. You will be part of a team that evaluates the preclinical efficacy of molecules from our research. As a specialist in rodent experimentation, you will be in charge of conducting in vivo trials as part of projects on the efficacy of compounds in the field of Immuno inflammation - Osteoarthritis. Under the responsibility of the team leader, you will, among other things:
• Strong expertise in all technical actions related to rodent animal testing: preparation of animals, weighing, preparation of therapeutic solutions and administration by different routes (iv, sc, ip, po), follow-up of animals, blood collection
• Participate in the development of new procedures or models of in vivo experimentation that may include surgery
• Ability to perform ELISA assays
• Record all completion steps in lab notebooks,
• Analyze, organize and present results (in Powerpoint, Excel, Word) – Statistical studies of results with prism Graphpad.
• Participate in laboratory management and organization
• This position requires some weekends and holidays.
Who are you?
• DUT / BTS / Professional License in Biology / Pharmacology
• Level B (ex level II) certificate of validated animal experimentation mandatory
• Significant experience in a similar function ideally in industry
• Knowledge of physiology, animal health, animal ethics essential
• Be flexible and adaptable to new goals.
• Be rigorous, conscientious, motivated and dynamic
• Good organizational and adaptive skills and critical mind
• Good interpersonal skills to work in a transdisciplinary team
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English would be an asset
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!