Teamleader Cell Pharmacology - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated teamleader with solid expertise in cell biology to lead a Cell Pharmacology Team.
- Develop, manage and motivate one or more team(s) of researchers supporting Galapagos’ drug discovery projects
- Supervise, organize and develop the activities of this team, take responsibility for resource planning, prioritization of activities and efficient, high quality execution
- Provide experimental and scientific leadership and expertise in core areas such as in vitro cellular assay development
- Set strategy, influence others and implement strategy towards scientific goals
- Translate scientific ideas and questions into experimental valuable data. Integrate knowledge on projects into experimental work and vice versa.
- Provide insights on scientific project questions by generating appropriate cell based assays and readouts.
- Identify, evaluate and implement new technologies and advanced cell culture methods if necessary to answer the scientific questions
- Present complex scientific data in a clear, comprehensive manner
- Ensure a high level scientific standard is maintained on all projects
- Ensure smooth communication and interactions with the other teams and all stakeholders
Contribute to the management and performance of the cell pharmacology department trough leadership of own team, participation in relevant operational, scientific and/or project meetings and present scientific output.
Who are you ?
- Ph.D. or Master followed by at least 5 years of industrial experience, with relevant work experience in cell biology, cellular pharmacology or related discipline.
- Strong background and experience in team and people management, ideally obtained in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- You are able to build a strategic vision and value agenda within your domain
- Minimum 5 years of experience with proven track record in cellular target and disease related in vitro assay development
- In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following therapeutic areas is a clear plus: metabolic diseases, polycystic kidney disease, HBV, Osteoarthritis.
- Having an integrated view on how Drug Discovery works is a plus
- Experience required in developing target-based cell assays that probe the pharmacological modulation of the target activity in the cellular context
- Critical mindset when looking at scientific data, both from internal and external sources
- Good understanding on of how targets/ pathways can be modulated inside a cell
- Ability to drive multiple projects within a matrix based organization and via intense collaboration
- Ability to adapt activities & priorities to challenging deliverables
- Creative and able to bring new ideas from scientific literature and integrate knowledge coming from different sources; pragmatic and problem solver attitude
- Team player with objectives-driven mind-set
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Autonomous, able to delegate and to empower people
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!