Team Leader/Group Leader in vitro biology Fibrosis - Leiden,NL
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Team Leader in vitro biology Fibrosis - Leiden,NL
You have solid expertise in cell biology, primary cell work, target discovery and molecular biology. You lead a team in charge of the development of relevant assay cascades for identification of novel targets as well as in support of small molecule portfolio projects. In this role you manage and organize the resources of the team and ensures a motivated working environment for the team.
- Develop, manage and motivate a team of researchers supporting Galapagos’ target and drug discovery projects
- Supervise, organize and develop the activities of this team, take responsibility for resource planning, prioritization of activities and efficient, high quality execution
- Provide experimental and scientific leadership and expertise in core areas in vitro cellular assay development and target knockdown technologies
- Set strategy, influence others and implement strategy towards scientific goals
- Translate scientific ideas and questions into experimental valuable data. Integrate knowledge on projects into experimental work and vice versa.
- Present complex scientific data in a clear, comprehensive manner
- Ensure a high level scientific standard is maintained on all projects. Identify key issues and solve them or provide guidance to solve them
- Ensure smooth communication and interactions with the other teams and all stakeholders
- Contribute to the management and performance across the different Fibrosis research teams through leadership of own team, participation in relevant operational, scientific and/or project meeting.
- Depending on projects, can act as expert, project member or project leader for his own area,
- Actively follows recent literature, making sure that a broad knowledge of the field is present
- Accountable of the proper implementation of GLPG value, behaviour, process and way of working in the team.
Who are you ?
- Ph.D. in biological sciences or equivalent followed by at least 8 years of which 4 years with industrial experience, with relevant work experience in cell biology, target discovery and/or drug discovery
- Strong background and experience in team and people management, ideally obtained in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- You are able to build a strategic vision within your domain
- Background and track record in the area of Fibrosis, Systemic sclerosis or NASH is a clear advantage
- You are up to date with the state of the art technologies in cell and molecular biology
- Good understanding on how targets/ pathways can be modulated inside a cell
- Experience with the analysis of OMICs data
- Creative and able to bring new ideas from scientific literature and integrate knowledge coming from different sources; pragmatic and problem solver attitude
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!