Team Leader Protein Preparation and Characterization- Romainville,FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Team Leader Protein Preparation and Characterization- Romainville,FR
The Protein Sciences department supports Galapagos’ drug discovery programs by providing high quality protein tools for HTS campaigns, in vitro assay development, small-molecule biophysical characterization (crystallography, NMR, SPR, MST...) or necessary other applications. Within the team, a diverse set of expertise and technologies are present in the fields of molecular biology, cell biology, protein purification, biophysical and structural protein characterization.
Scope of the job
You will combine a strong knowledge and hands-on experience in protein expression and purification with the ability to work in a team-oriented, results-driven and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Deliver protein preparations in support of projects with necessary quality based on applications in a timely fashion
- Design and develop appropriate strategies towards protein production & purification based on applications required for the protein (enzyme activity, crystallography, biophysical applications, ..;)
- Develop, manage and motivate a team of researchers with expertise in Protein preparation and characterization
- Manage and prioritize tasks for your team in alignment with the project priorities
- Define, propose and drive the implementation of robust, novel and efficient expression/purification strategies in order to further improve the delivery of research-grade proteins at mg scale levels
- Closely interact with colleagues responsible for the upstream and downstream activities to streamline the workflow (Molecular Biology, Assay development, Biophysics and Structural Biology, project leader)
- Evaluate and implement internal and external cutting-edge protein expression/ purification methods
- Manage CRO's and collaborations to support Protein Sciences activities if required
- Represent the Protein Sciences team in project team meetings and clearly report generated data to maximize the scientific input
- Gather project team requests in terms of Protein Sciences activities, prioritize, translate into an action plan and ensure fast communication to the team
- Write scientific reports and contribute to scientific publications, patent authorship and grant or project proposals
Who are you?
- PhD degree with more than 10 years of experience in applicable field (protein expression and purification, biochemistry)
- Proven track record in team and people management, ideally obtained in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- Able to build a strategic vision and value agenda within your domain
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with the different chromatography techniques used for protein purification (affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion,…) as well as purification systems (Akta, parallelization platforms….)
- Up to date with techniques and systems related to protein production & purification
- Good experience with methods for protein quality assessment
- High attention to detail and critical mindset when looking at scientific data, both from internal and external sources
- Ability to master multiple projects in parallel through intense collaborations and adapt activities priorities to challenging deliverables
- Excellent organizational skills and communication (in French and English, oral and written)
- Team player
What's in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!