Team Leader Modulation - Mechelen,BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in Boston (US).
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for a Team Leader Modulation – Mechelen,BE
Scope of the job
You have solid expertise in Biochemistry/Biophysics and cell biology and will lead a team in charge of the development of relevant assay cascades for small molecule portfolio projects by motivating and empowering each team member. You will manage and organize resources for your own team.
- Develop, manage and motivate one or more team(s) of researchers supporting Galapagos’ drug discovery projects
- Supervise, organize and develop the activities of this team, take responsibility for resource planning, prioritization of activities and efficient, high quality execution
- Provide experimental and scientific leadership and expertise in core areas such as biochemistry/ Biophysics and in vitro cellular assay development
- Set strategy, influence others and implement strategy towards scientific goals
- Translate scientific ideas and questions into experimental valuable data. Integrate knowledge on projects into experimental work and vice versa.
- Provide insights on scientific project questions by generating appropriate cell & protein based assays and readouts.
- Present complex scientific data in a clear, comprehensive manner
- Ensure a high level scientific standard is maintained on all projects
- Ensure smooth communication and interactions with the other teams and all stakeholders
- Contribute to the management and performance of the cell pharmacology department trough leadership of own team, participation in relevant operational, scientific and/or project meetings and present scientific output.
- Actively follow recent literature, making sure that a broad knowledge of the field is present,
- Is accountable of the proper implementation of GLPG values, behaviour, process and way of working in its own team.
- Depending on projects, can act as expert, project member or project leader for his own area.
Who are you?
- Ph.D. in biological sciences or equivalent followed by at least 5 years of industrial experience, with relevant work experience in cell biology, and Biochemistry/Biophysics
- Strong background and experience in team and people management, ideally obtained in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- Able to build a strategic vision and value agenda within your domain
- Experience required in developing target-based cell assays that probe the pharmacological modulation of the target activity in the cellular context
- Ability to drive multiple projects within a matrix based organization and via intense collaboration
- Professional communication in English is a must, both in writing and verbal
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!