Team Leader in vitro biology/cellular immunology - Mechelen,BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover
and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone
before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities.
We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid
thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative
innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other
words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Team Leader Immune-Inflammation/Cell Biology with solid expertise in Immune-mediated inflammatory diseases to lead a Cellular Immunology Team in Mechelen,BE.
- Develop, manage and motivate a team of researchers responsible for Galapagos’ assay development and use to support portfolio projects, as well as for Target Discovery and Validation in the field of Immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.
- Supervise, organize and develop the activities of this team, take responsibility for resource planning, prioritization of activities and efficient, high quality execution.
- Provide experimental and scientific leadership and expertise in Immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.
- Set strategy, influence others and implement strategy towards scientific goals.
- Provide insights on scientific project questions by guiding the generation of appropriate in vitro cell based assays and readouts.
- Ensure a high-level scientific standard is maintained on all projects.
- Ensure smooth communication and interactions with the other teams and all stakeholders Contribute to the management and performance of the cellular immunology team through leadership of own team, participation in relevant operational, scientific, governance and/or project meetings and present scientific output in a clear, comprehensive manner.
Who are you
- Ph.D. followed by at least 5 years of experience in the field of Immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.
- Experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment with a clear understanding of drug discovery processes is a plus.
- Proven track record in cellular target and disease related in vitro assay development in the field of immune-inflammation.
- Strong and documented background and experience in team and people management, ideally obtained in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment.
- You are able to build a strategic vision and value agenda within your domain.
- Critical mindset when looking at scientific data, both from internal and external sources.
- Ability to drive multiple projects within a matrix-based organization and via intense collaboration.
- Ability to adapt activities and priorities to challenging deliverables
- Creative and able to bring new ideas from scientific literature and integrate knowledge coming from different sources; pragmatic and problem solver attitude
- Autonomous, able to delegate and to empower people
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!