Team Leader Immune-Inflammation - Leiden,NL
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated team leader with solid expertise in Immune-mediated inflammatory diseases to lead a Target Discovery and Validation Team in Leiden.
- Develop, manage and motivate a team of researchers responsible for Galapagos’ Target Discovery and Validation in the field of Immune-mediated inflammatory diseases
- Supervise, organize and develop the activities of this team, take responsibility for resource planning, prioritization of activities and efficient, high quality execution
- Provide experimental and scientific leadership and expertise in Immune-mediated inflammatory diseases
- Set strategy, influence others and implement strategy towards scientific goals
- Provide insights on scientific project questions by guiding the generation of appropriate in vitro cell based assays and readouts.
- Ensure a high level scientific standard is maintained on all projects
- Ensure smooth communication and interactions with the other teams and all stakeholders Contribute to the management and performance of the Target Discovery and Validation department trough leadership of own team, participation in relevant operational, scientific and/or project meetings and present scientific output in a clear, comprehensive manner.
Who are you ?
- Ph.D. followed by at least 5 years of industrial or academic experience, with relevant work experience in the field of Immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.
- Proven track record in cellular target and disease related in vitro assay development.
- Strong background and experience in team and people management, ideally obtained in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- You are able to build a strategic vision and value agenda within your domain
- Having an integrated view on how Drug Discovery works is a plus
- Critical mind set when looking at scientific data, both from internal and external sources
- Ability to drive multiple projects within a matrix based organization and via intense collaboration
- Ability to adapt activities and priorities to challenging deliverables
- Creative and able to bring new ideas from scientific literature and integrate knowledge coming from different sources; pragmatic and problem solver attitude
- Team player with objectives-driven mind-set
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Autonomous, able to delegate and to empower people
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!