Team Leader Early Drug Discovery - Mechelen,BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in Boston (US).
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for a Team Leader Early Drug Discovery – Mechelen,BE
Scope of the job
As a team leader, you will be in charge of the development of relevant assay cascades for small molecule and oligo portfolio projects, by motivating and empowering each team member. You share and transfer knowledge in your team and manage the human and technical resources
required for an optimal performance.
- Develop, manage and motivate one or more team(s) of researchers supporting Galapagos’ drug discovery projects
- Supervise, organize and develop the activities of this team, take responsibility for resource planning, prioritization of activities and efficient, high quality execution
- Provide experimental and scientific leadership and expertise in in vitro cellular assay development to demonstrate small molecule or oligonucleotide activity;
- Set strategy, influence others and implement strategy towards scientific goals
- Translate scientific ideas and questions into experimental valuable data. Integrate knowledge on projects into experimental work and vice versa.
- Provide insights on scientific project questions by generating appropriate cell & protein based assays and readouts.
- Present complex scientific data in a clear, comprehensive manner
- Ensure a high level scientific standard is maintained on all projects
- Ensure smooth communication and interactions with the other teams and all stakeholders
- Contribute to the management and performance of the cell pharmacology department trough leadership of own team, participation in relevant operational, scientific and/or project meetings and present scientific output.
- Actively follow recent literature, making sure that a broad knowledge of the field is present,
- Is accountable of the proper implementation of GLPG values, behavior, process and way of working in its own team.
- On projects, act as expert of own area and reliable project member;
Who are you?
- You have a Ph.D in biological sciences or equivalent followed by at least 5 years o findustrial experience, with relevant work experience in drug discovery and cell biology.
- You have minimum 5 years of experience with a proven track record in cellular target related in vitro assay development and experience in developing target-based cell assays that probe the pharmacological modulation of the target activity in the cellular context.
- Experience in the oligonucleotide field is preferred but not a must
- You are able to build a strategic vision and value agenda within your domain. Having an integrated view on how drug discovery works is a plus. When looking at scientific data, both from internal and external sources, you use your critical mindset.
- You are able to drive multiple projects within a matrix based organization and via intense collaboration. You have no problem in adapting activities and priorities to challenging deliverables.
- With your pragmatic and problem solving attitude, your creative mind can bring new ideas from scientific literature and integrate knowledge coming from different sources.
- Moreover, you are a team player with an objectives-driven mindset and excellent organization and communication skills. You can work autonomously, while being able to delegate and empower colleagues in your team.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!