Team Leader DMPK in vivo - Romainville,FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Team Leader DMPK, in vivo - Romainville, FR
You will support the Drug Discovery effort in various therapeutic areas and contribute to the transition of early hits to pre-clinical candidates. Highly qualified in the your area of expertise and able to interpret related specialties, leads a team by motivating and empowering each team member. Manages and organizes resources for the own team.
In your role you will:
- Offer expert in vivo DMPK support to the Drug Discovery projects
- Coordinate the set up and realization of specific in vivo protocols: early screens, biliary and urinary excretion studies…
- Contribute to the strategy for the in vivo DMPK team: investments, new technologies, ways of working
- Grow and develop team members by offering guidance and support
- Coordinate studies with external service providers when needed for preclinical in vivo studies and a limited number of specialised in vitro ADME studies
- Actively follow the recent literature and ensures that a broad knowledge of the specific area is present
- If skills/experience are fit for purpose, could act as well a DMPK representative in Drug Discovery project teams and collaborates with the Project Leader and Project Team to identify DMPK issues and best way-forward towards selection of pre-clinical candidates
- Be accountable for the correct implementation of GLPG values, behavior, process and way of working in his/her own team.
- Actively collaborate with other areas of expertise (bioanalysis team, in vitro team), all members of the DMPK Department. Interactions with project leader and other project team members are required. Regularly interacts with Head of Area.
Who are you?
- PhD in Biological Sciences (preferred) or a close field and at least 7 years or Master in Biological Sciences (preferred) or a close field and at least 10 years, of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry (drug discovery preferred) with a focus on in vivo DMPK.
- In-depth understanding and track-record of in vivo testing and outsourcing
- Managerial experience of at least 3 years
- Knowledge and experience in ADME/DMPK
- Strong organizational skills and enjoy working in cross-functional teams
- Can work under ambitious timelines in the context of multidisciplinary teamwork
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent communication skills in English in writing and in presenting to a team
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!