Team Leader Data Management
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Team Leader Data Management.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Team Leader with solid clinical data management expertise to lead a team of Data Management Leaders. You will report into the Head Data Management and be based in the Mechelen office.
- Develop, manage and motivate a team of Data Management Leaders responsible for clinical research data management oversight activities for Galapagos’ clinical trials
- Supervise the team and take responsibility for prioritization of activities and efficient, high quality execution while empowering them to take responsibility for their roles and ambitions
- Provide leadership and expertise in the clinical data management field and contribute to a successful interdepartmental communication and collaboration by building strong cross-functional relationships
- Continuously identify areas for process improvements to enable operational excellence in execution of clinical data management activities as well as inspection-readiness
- Foster an environment of trust, teamwork, diversity and effective working to enable each employee and the organization to succeed
- Create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization's values: act as a pioneer, raise the bar, make it happen and embrace change, whilst setting high standards for own performance
- Support the Head Data Management in ensuring recruitment of appropriately qualified staff, strategic vendor selection and building loyal relationships with customers, functional area representation during audits and inspections, and ensuring timely CAPA follow-up.
Who are you?
- You have a Masters’ degree in a Life Sciences field followed by at least 10 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment (and/or relevant experience with a large CRO) in a clinical data management or closely related discipline
- You have an in depth understanding of the drug development process
- You have a good knowledge of applicable regulatory guidelines and of clinical data management systems and supportive software
- You have a strong background and experience in team and/or people management
- You are able to drive multiple projects within a matrix based organization via intense collaboration
- You are able to adapt activities and priorities to challenging deliverables
- You are creative and able to bring new ideas and have a problem solver attitude
- You are a team player with an objectives-driven mind-set
- You can work autonomously, and are able to delegate and to empower people
- Of course, you have excellent organization and English oral and written communication skills
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!