Team Assistant Medical Affairs - Leiden, NL / Mechelen BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), the Nordics and in US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happener.
We are looking for a Team Assistant for the Global Medical Affairs Team – this role can be based in Leiden (Netherlands) or in Mechelen (Belgium).
Scope of the job
You provide day to day operational assistance to the Global Medical Affairs (GMA) team as required.
- You support meeting logistics, (invites, rooms, catering, calendar, etc.) meeting coordination and some calendar management
- You provide travel support, schedule and meeting coordination for senior members of GMA
- You anticipate and resolve administrative needs including last minute meeting requests, unforeseen calendar changes and international travel reservations
- You prepare routine and non-routine correspondence, memoranda, reports, spreadsheets.
- You interact with company employees at all organizational levels to gather information
- You submit monthly expense reports for senior members of GMA in a timely manner.
- You manage contracting, invoicing and PO processes, including follow ups, consultancy fees, vendors, etc.
- You provide general office support
Who are you?
- You have a bachelor degree with a minimum of 4 years of office administration experience with prior experience supporting senior staff required; Previous experience working within a fast paced and changing environment is strongly preferred
- MS Office (Outlook, Power Point and Excel) has no secrets for you
- You are proficient in English (other languages considered a plus)
- You have excellent planning and organizational skills and strong attention to details
- You are able to work in a busy environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- You have a high level of integrity and handle confidential matters discretely
- You can interact and communicate professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
- You can identify and effectively communicate obstacles and propose solutions
- You can assess a problem quickly and determine to what level it should be elevated, directing staff to correct person(s)
- You have knowledge in SAP, an advantage but not required
- You have experience in SharePoint, an advantage but not required
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast-growing amazing company and team. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen!