Strategic Project Manager/PMO - München - GE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US (Boston).
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for a Strategic Project Manager/PMO - München - GE
Scope of the job
You will be responsible for ongoing development and implementation of strategic initiatives benefiting all commercial functions: Sales, Marketing, Customer Network Management, Market Access, Public Affairs as well as Medical.
You will serve as the primary liaison to the Country Head and Senior Leadership as well as relevant corporate functions at Galapagos. You will have a staff position and will directly report to the Country Head / VP of Galapagos Germany. You will also serve cross-functional and primarily strategically aligned (but also operationally) for the entire senior leadership team of Galapagos Germany.
The position is based in Munich. Galapagos supports a flexible work schedule including working from home.
Your key responsibilities:
- Coordinate the implementation of a broad range of strategic and operational initiatives: Commercial, Medical, Market Access, Public Affairs within the Galapagos matrix structure
- Deliver project management support including project scoping, development and documentation of plans and timelines, and communicating progress towards goals to various audiences (Germany & International)
- Work in partnership with internal leaders and workgroups, steering committees as well as customers (HCP/nurses) to develop solutions and move key initiatives forward
- Contribute to internal business-related projects with and external projects in collaboration with our key stakeholders (HCPs, nurses and patients)
- Ensure that projects are prioritized and aligned to short- and long-term goals of the Galapagos business/ the right people have access to the right information to make the right decisions/ the projects are staying within the planned time and budget/ enterprise resources are utilized in the most efficient manner/ there are ongoing risk assessment and mitigation across all projects
- Ensure that Galapagos management makes informed and timely decisions for the success of the project
- Set up operational and strategic objectives (key to short-/ and long-term business success)
- Design and tracks various program and portfolio performance KPIs
- Accurately scope and plan projects and task forces influenced and overseen by clinical and administrative leadership as assigned
- Meet expectations related to the identification of key stakeholders (internally & HCPs), research of relevant issues, collection and synthesis of relevant data, formal project management, staffing and facilitating of committees and work groups
- Create visibility of resource capacity, competency and availability for all stakeholders
- Establish project requesting, selection and prioritization process
- Streamline workflow for resource requisition and allocation
- Reuse Project Learning and Knowledge
- Mentor and Train (internal) Project Managers
Who are you?
- University Degree with 5+ years of experience as project manager on large projects, preferably in the pharma/biotech industry
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies
- Previous experience with project management processes, procedures or policies
- Previous experience with implementation and management of project controls
- Highly organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment and plan/manage time accordingly. Strong facilitation and influencing skills.
- Confidence, experience and knowledge to question stakeholders and delivery teams
- Self-starter able to work with limited guidance.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Work both on site (tbd) and from home, as required by the initiatives supported
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!