Statistical Modeller & Data Scientist - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Bazel) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for junior as well as experienced Statistical Modellers and Data Scientists
You will be part of the rapidly expanding Biometrics team. Our mission is to apply the right statistical tools to clinical and RWE data to deliver the portfolio through collaborative scientific leadership and operational excellence. Our core business is the design and analysis of Phase 1-4 trials and accurate interpretation and communication of statistical results to support quantitative decision making.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying opportunities to implement innovative modelling and machine learning methods to clinical trial design and analysis in translational medicine, Real World Evidence and epidemiology.
- Predictive Modelling and Simulation efforts to provide answers to complex problems bridging research, development, medical and epidemiology.
- Gaining insight in the specific disease area and the competitive landscape through focused literature search and summarizing of publicly available data
- Stay current with relevant modelling and data science literature and guidance's
- Help setup the infrastructure: R, python, Keras, Spark, cloud computing (Docker) and validation
- Implement best practices in terms of modelling and data science to build confidence and adequately assess the reliability of statistical methods used.
- You engage with external consultants and qualified CRO's that provide support to the development and implementation of new methodologies.
Who are you?
- You have a PhD in statistics or related fields with experience in modelling and data science, preferentially in pharma R&D.
- You are a pioneer who likes working in a rapidly evolving environment.
- You have experience building predictive models in an industrial setting and a good working knowledge of pro/cons of e.g. Bayesian approaches to reach impactful pragmatic solutions.
- A demonstrated track record of collaborating with pharmacologists, MDs, epidemiologists etc. is favoured to add value in the pharma setting.
- Being knowledgeable about clinical pharmacology is favoured
- Having the interest and ability to acquire in-depth knowledge of the disease area is a core skill. You are a keen learner, a strategic thinker.
- Knowledge of the various aspects of clinical development and regulatory requirements is favoured.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment. You are a team player and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!