Senior Zoo-Technician - Romainville, FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in the US, Boston.
Soon to come : Spain, Italy, Germany and UK
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in ROMAINVILLE, France we are looking for a Senior Zoo-Technician
Scope of the job
The candidate will take in charge a team of two people. He/she will take in charge the follow up of the animal facilities and the management of all standard and ethical procedures related to animal welfare.
- Ensure in confinement (A2, A3), care, maintenance and animal housing activities as well as daily health monitoring but also maintenance of scientific facilities and equipment in accordance with procedures and ethical procedures and safety rules.
- Ensure daily control of the regulatory parameters (temperature, pressure, hygrometry) and facilities of the animal facility.
- Participate in the management of the animal facilities (orders, record of entry and exit)
- Participate in treatments, drugs administrations, animal handling, sacrifice according to the ethical procedure and animal welfare.
- Participate to management of transgenic animals breeding
Who you are?
- Initial training : BEP, BEPA or BTA
- Accreditation Level A for animal experimentation.
- 5 years prior experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of the regulatory process on animal testing
- Knowledge of hygiene and safety rules, ability to handle an autoclave
- Knowledge of breeding techniques and animal welfare
- Notions in animal biology and physiology
- Mastery of computer tools (Word, Excel, local animal management software and animal facility controls)
- Physical fitness (work standing, load handling)
- Knowing how to communicate and working in a team and adaptability within the structure
- Know how to report on his activity and alert the person in charge of the animal facility in the event of a malfunction
- Relational ease (zootechnicians, technicians, supervisors, internal or external stakeholders)
- Good oral and written communication
- Have a sense of responsibility
- Be motivated, dynamic, rigorous, conscientious, organized, autonomous, meet deadlines and procedures
- Being able to train, learn and evolve
- Teamwork is essential
- Participate to work during weekend or public holiday
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!