(Senior) Vice President International Commercial Strategy & Execution
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Spain (Madrid), Italy (Milan), the UK (London), Germany (Munich) and in the US, (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit, and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a (Senior) Vice President International Commercial Strategy & Execution! Are you ready to conquer the world and make it happen with us?
Scope of the job
The primary role of the VP, HICSE is to drive business growth through leadership of the Head Quarter functions. Ensuring cross-functional working between and across marketing, value and market access, new product planning, and omnichannel/commercial enablement teams and in close working partnership with Medical Affairs. By harnessing the power of their combined skills, the VP, HICSE will drive success in our current and future brands and ensure relevant strategies can be executed by country teams across the EU, supported by positive access and pricing. The VP, HICSE will also provide a strong link to R&D and Business Development, where commercial support is needed.
Build and lead the StratEx Vision
- Work seamlessly with Medical Affairs, Development, and BD teams to ensure the commercial strategy is considered and applied to optimize current and future brand launch success
- Oversee investment strategies across all lines of P&L to deliver a growing brand contribution
- Ensure strong support is provided to the countries and functions to drive alignment, execution, accountability, and results to ensure business and planning priorities are met
- Manage a high performing leadership team of direct & indirect reports, including recruitment, development, and retention of critical talent
- Be an active member of CommMed, IMC, LPC – high challenge/support
- Drive and maintain simplification of brand governance across the teams and with the countries
- Create and drive team objectives & develop pipeline of future leaders
- Prepare teams for product expansion and new opportunities across EU & HQ
- Create a positive and dynamic Stratex team environment dedicated to continuous improvement
- Make Galapagos StratEx a great place to work
Do the Right Thing
- Champion compliance culture with internal and external marketing/pharmaceutical regulations are followed and documented
Oversight of Jyseleca Strategy and Planning
- Accelerate growth of the business and support alignment of product business goals
- Oversight of Strategic Marketing plan (including lifecycle plans)
- Co-leading the Jyseleca project team with Development Lead/ Medical Affairs
- Ensure ROI is optimized for all investment decisions, balancing risks, opportunities & trade-offs across the P&L
- Establish long term vision and supporting business strategies/solutions/capabilities to enable achievement of Jyseleca’s Strategic Plan
- Oversight of budgets associated with the International Strat Plan and associated activities, including forecasts of current and subsequent indications
Oversight of Value & Market Access Team
- Oversight of the development and execution of the access and pricing strategy in collaboration with the therapeutic global cross-functional partners (e.g., commercial, medical, regulatory, etc.)
- Ensure payer value proposition is strongly reflected in strategic brand planning & for the portfolio in key markets
- Co-ordinates across functions to support the definition of evidence needs for access, including epidemiology, patient outcomes, cost-effectiveness, budget impact, and any other factor that may inform and guide global market access pricing and commercialization strategies
- Champion pricing and access governance including strategy review and optimization, coordination and validation for key markets; reviews pricing recommendation proposed by the market V&MA lead
- Engender and support group Innovation in delivering value propositions and solutions that address local payer needs and company requirements.
- In collaboration with Medical, ensure timely outcomes of real-world evidence (RWE) initiatives to optimize value demonstration and lead disease advocacy activities with KOLs, patient organizations, and health authorities.
Oversight of Commercial Enablement & Omni-channel Teams
- Oversight of team in the areas of CI, forecasting, business analytics, SFE/CRM, training and C&E and separately Omni-channel
- Drive international and country team joint working in the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative information + Review and respond to relevant KPIs and executive reports maintained and distributed regularly
- Champion with the business and country leaders the blueprint of our interaction with customers + support the rollout of tools related to: Account planning and Analytics tools (margin management, CRM, etc)
- Reviews and responds to KPIs and performance management process, assess performance, identify performance gaps and drivers, develop remediation/action plans and deploy resources as needed
- Champions integrated customer engagement plans according to brand strategy
- Champions the adoption of well-considered (digital) channels and content per customer segment to drive growth
Oversight of New Product Planning
- Build and support a small team of business development/ disease area experts, who can connect with and support Business Development, R&D in assessing opportunities for in-license or our pipeline
- Provide commercial opinion on mid and late-stage projects
- Actively participate on Product Teams as needed
- Form new product launch teams as and when needed
- Monitor the market and highlight opportunities
Who are you?
- You are a seasoned Strategic commercial leader in Biotech or Pharma with a make – it – happen attitude.
- Change is your middle name, and your mindset is beyond innovative. You love to build and are a strong connector.
- The unknown is your challenge and as an inspirational leader you understand the dynamics between country and HQ operations, making launches successful and collaboration smooth and efficient
- You have experience as a country lead as well as a global commercial strategist.
- A combination of pharma and biotech background helps you to be successful in your role
- You are willing to travel and able to manage diverse and highly professional teams
- You represent the ambition of Galapagos to grow and be a successful full-cycle biotech company
- Your command of the English language is outstanding.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast-growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!