Senior Scientist In vivo Pharmacology - Romainville,FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist In vivo Pharmacology, Romainville,FR
Core Purpose of Job:
As a member of a research team, you contribute to the scientific input of the project and provide expertise in fibrosis therapeutic area and in vivo pharmacology to the project team. You translate the proposed strategy into experimental plan and incoming data and ensure their implementation. You design, organize and realize complex models and analyze data in accordance with the project requirements and timelines.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated senior scientist with solid expertise in in vivo Pharmacology. You will be responsible for the in vivo validation of preclinical candidates in the fibrosis field, for conducting preclinical studies, writing study reports and publications. You will interact closely with all the Fibrosis team member and other in vivo pharmacology teams. You will report directly to the Group leader of Fibrosis in vivo Pharmacology department.
- Propose novel concepts in fibrosis in vivo pharmacology; translate scientific ideas and questions into experimental valuable data, including development and optimization of pre-clinical disease models and functional analysis of biological functions. Integrate knowledge on projects into experimental work and vice versa,
- Design and execute experiments in accordance with the project requirement
- Analyze data and interpret experiments; suggest ideas or innovation to solve a problem in the own area of expertise,
- Propose or implement new scientific or technological methods by himself or in collaboration with other team members,
- Depending on the projects, act as an expert or project member, providing experimental and scientific leadership and expertise in core areas such as in vivo models development in fibrosis field
- Actively follow recent literature, making sure that a broad knowledge of fibrosis in in vivo pharmacology new theories and methods is present,
- Actively collaborate within the team, with other areas of expertise in in vivo pharmacology and fibrosis
- Supervise external activities,
- Mentor towards scientists, technician(s), apprentice(s) or student(s),
- Present complex scientific data in a clear, comprehensive manner
- Ensure a high level scientific standard is maintained on all studies
Who are you?
- Ph.D. in biological sciences followed by at least 5 years of experience, ideally obtained in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment, with relevant work experience in in vivo disease model pharmacology, including fibrosis models
- Strong knowledge in developing novel pre-clinical disease animal models, Enabling to Animal’s Experimentation (EAE Level 1 - European A)
- Implementation of pharmacology protocols (preparation of animal, preparation of therapeutic solutions and administration by different route (iv, sc, ip, im, po), animals monitoring)
- Experience required in lung and/or liver fibrosis
- Expertise in mouse pulmonary function monitoring such as X-ray micro-computed tomography (μCT), Flexivent and/or collar clip is a plus.
- Having an integrated view on how Drug Discovery works is a plus
- Ability to adapt activities & priorities to challenging deliverables
- Creative and able to bring new ideas from scientific literature and integrate knowledge coming from different sources, pragmatic and problem solver attitude
- Autonomous, able to delegate and to empower people
- This position requires working some weekends (half day/weekend)
- Fluent in English, both in writing and verbal
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of an amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!