Senior Scientist in vivo Pharmacology Fibrosis - Romainville,FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist in vivo Pharmacology Fibrosis - Romainville,FR
Scope of the job
You will lead a unit of 2 technicians and will be responsible for the in vivo validation of preclinical candidates for Galapagos drug discovery portfolio in the fibrosis field. You will provide scientific expertise and strategic views on fibrosis therapeutic area. You will be responsible for conducting preclinical studies, writing study reports and publications. You will manage and organize resources for your own team.
- Design and execute experiments in accordance with the project requirement
- Work independently, plan, perform, analyze and interpret experiments; identifies key issues and solves them in the area of in vivo pharmacology or provide guidance to solve them
- Identify, evaluate and implement novel in vivo technologies
- Translate scientific ideas and questions into experimental valuable data, including development and optimization of pre-clinical disease models and functional analysis of biological functions. Integrate knowledge on projects into experimental work and vice versa
- Perform, supervise, organize the activities of this team, take responsibility for efficient, high quality execution
- Provide experimental and scientific leadership and expertise in core areas such as in vivo models development in fibrosis field.
- Implement strategy towards scientific goals
- Present complex scientific data in a clear, comprehensive manner
- Ensure a high level scientific standard is maintained on all studies
- Actively follow recent literature, making sure that a broad knowledge of fibrosis in vivo pharmacology is present,
- Accountable of the proper implementation of GLPG value, behaviour, process and way of working in his / her team.
Who are you?
- Ph.D. in biological sciences followed by at least 5 years of experience, ideally obtained in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment, with relevant work experience in in vivo disease model pharmacology, including fibrosis models
- Strong knowledge in developing novel pre-clinical disease animal models, Enabling to Animal’s Experimentation (EAE Level 1 - European A)
- Implementation of pharmacology protocols (preparation of animals, weighing, preparation of therapeutic solutions and administration by different route (iv, sc, ip, im, po), animals monitoring).
- Experience required in lung, liver and/or skin fibrosis.
- Expertise in mouse pulmonary function monitoring such as X-ray micro-computed tomography (μCT), Flexivent and /or collar clip is a plus.
- Having an integrated view on how Drug Discovery works is a plus
- Creative and able to bring new ideas from scientific literature and integrate knowledge coming from different sources; pragmatic and problem solver attitude
- This position requires working some weekends (half day/weekend)
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!