Senior Scientist in Protein Sciences - Romainville, FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist in Protein Sciences - CDI - Romainville FR
You will be part of the Protein Sciences team of researchers that produce, purify, and characterize recombinant proteins for Galapagos’ drug discovery programs. These high-quality protein tools are used for various applications including biochemical and cellular assays, High-Throughput Screenings, biophysical (MST, SPR, nanoDSF…) and structural (X-ray Crystallography, Cryo-EM) approaches. Within the Protein Sciences team, a diverse set of expertise and technologies are present in the fields of molecular biology, cell biology, protein purification, biophysical and structural protein characterization. The team also provides DNA tools, binding assays, and structural biology support.
- This position is dedicated to research work on new therapeutical targets. You will perform non-routine lab work focused on the purification of high-quality proteins.
- You will implement robust and efficient purification strategies by setting up novel protein preparation protocols. You will also perform protein characterization and quality-control with state-of-the-art technologies.
- You will do troubleshooting and propose alternatives to solve problems in your area of expertise.
- You will keep up-to-date with relevant literature, communicate it and evaluate, advice and implement new technologies.
- You provide critical analysis of your data, prepare reports, and clearly communicate key findings by written reports and oral presentations.
- You actively collaborate with other areas of expertise within project teams and represent our team in project team meetings as protein sciences expert.
- Participate in laboratory management and organization.
Who are you?
- You are a specialist in protein biochemistry and protein characterization with a PhD degree + relevant post doc or biotech experience, or a Master/Engineer degree with +5 years’ experience in Protein Sciences.
- You bring thorough expertise in protein purification, including different chromatography (affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion using Akta systems) and standard analysis technologies.
- You have additional hands-on experience in at least one of the following fields: preferably structural biology (protein crystallization and/or structure determination), technologies to assess protein quality (nanoDSF, SEC-MALS, DLS, …), or protein expression (insect and mammalian cell expression).
- Good understanding of molecular biology, recombinant protein expression and biophysical characterization.
- You are good at troubleshooting with a creative out-of-the-box thinking to come up with solutions.
- Ability to identify and evaluate novel technologies and to propose, plan and execute proof of concept studies.
- You work precisely and maintain accurate records, with a critical mindset when looking at scientific data.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication in English (oral and written)
- You are keen to work in a team-oriented, objective-driven and international environment.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!