Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist DMPK bioanalysis - Romainville,FR.
As a bioanalytical expert, you work in close collaboration with multidisciplinary research teams to characterise DMPK properties of drug candidates and contribute to their optimisation and advancement in Galapagos' drug discovery pipelines. You provide your expertise in LC-MS quantitation of xenobiotics in pre-clinical in vivo samples to our DMPK group in order to support of the different research projects. You translate study and project objectives into experimental plans that you implement and execute in accordance with the required timelines.
In your role you will:
• Take full responsibility for the conduct of experimental work and data processing required to successfully deliver reports to the timelines of studies, including sample handling, processing, LC-MS analysis, quantitation, subsequent PK evaluation and reporting.
• Critically review analytical data and ensure accurate quantitation of analytes of interest.
• Ensure that analytical documentation is recorded and maintained to a high standard and in conformance with internal policies.
• Actively participate to the satisfactory operation and evolution of data generation and processing pipelines.
• Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and project teams regarding data and study progress.
• Perform LC-MS method development for the quantitation of small molecules in a range of biological samples (blood, plasma, tissues and organs), including all aspects from sample preparation to data processing.
• Contribute to lab maintenance and organisation.
• Train and mentor technician(s), apprentice(s) or student(s).
Who are you?
• You have a PhD in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or related field and at least 5 years of experience or a Master in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or related field and at least 8 years of experience.
• Significant hands-on experience in mass spectrometry (with an emphasis on triple quadrupole instruments), liquid chromatography and sample preparation in a range of matrices (e.g. blood, plasma, tissues and organs), with an in-depth understanding of theory and operational aspects.
• Established track record of developing mass spectrometry-based quantitative assays for small molecules (drugs, metabolites, biomarkers) in biological samples.
• Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation and maintain equipment to a high level of performance.
• Expertise in bioanalytical quantitation, including experimental designs, methodologies, data analysis with the use of appropriate software packages (e.g. MS vendors' data processing software).
• Keep abreast of instrumental and methodological developments in the field.
• Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, CRO and similar area is desirable.
• Knowledge in pharmacokinetics and proficiency in the use of PK software (e.g. Phoenix) is a plus.
• Rigour, analytical mind, attention to detail and focus on quality are key attributes.
• Working style driven by responsibility, team spirit, initiative, with flexibility to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment in a professional and pleasant manner.
• Well organized, you are able to handle multiple tasks and project.
• Excellent analytical, reporting and communication skills (verbal/written). Fluency in French and/or English is mandatory.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!