Senior Scientist Biomarker Lead Kidney Diseases - Romainville,FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist Biomarker Lead Kidney Diseases - Romainville,FR
Scope of the job
You will provide scientific, technical and operational input for biomarker plan implementation in clinical trials. As member of a research team, you will contribute to the scientific input of the projects that are assigned to you. You will provide expertise in biomarkers and pharmacodynamic applied to clinical trials to the project team. You will translate biomarker strategy into experimental plans, run the assay, analyse data and provide solution in compliance with the project requirement and timeline.
- Contribute to the selection and validation of biomarkers for use in clinical; design and run biomarker assays in compliance with the project requirement,
- Define biomarker sample management with Clinical Operations and Biobanking
- Transfer target engagement biomarker assay to clinical CRO, including training if required and ensure the assay performance
- Contribute to the selection of CRO and subcontractors for biomarker analysis and interact with them from the preparation all the way through to the completion of the study; supervise externalized activities
- Analyses biomarker data and provide data interpretation; provide idea or innovation in order to solve any issue faced in your own area of expertise
- Propose or implement new scientific methods,
- Depending on projects, can act as expert, project member or project leader for his own area ; interact with cross-functional stakeholders, in particular with research, translational medicine, clinical pharmacology, clinical operations, clinical data management
- Actively follow recent literature around new theories and methods in biomarker discovery
- Can mentor or supervise scientist(s), technician(s), apprentice(s) or student(s).
Who are you?
- A PhD in Life Sciences with 3 to 5 years of experience in biomedical research areas, including experience in biomarker research and analysis in Kidney Diseases or equivalent through experience
- Proven capabilities in conducting independent research on human samples, in particular with ex vivo blood and skin biopsy assay
- Proven capabilities in conducting assay performance and validation under industrial standards (e.g., Good Clinical Laboratory Practices)
- Fluency in a wide range of biomarker technologies, including multiplexing analysis, immunophenotyping analysis
- Preferred experience in ‘omics technologies (transcriptomic and proteomic analyses)
- Your good presentation skills in English guarantee a proper communication in writing and in presenting to team and cross-functional stakeholders within the company.
What's in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!