Senior Legal Counsel - München, DE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium
(Mechelen), France (Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland
(Basel), Spain (Madrid), Italy (Milan), the UK (London), Germany
(Munich) and in the US, (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover
and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone
before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want
to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid
thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters.
Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the
best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in Munich, Germany we are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel.
Scope of the job
We are looking for a senior legal counsel (location: Munich, Germany) with experience in commercial contracts in the pharmaceutical industry, to reinforce the Galapagos legal team that is supporting the commercial and medical affairs department in Germany. This is a new role resulting from the ongoing expansion of the business activities.
- Serve as the “go to” legal representative for the commercial and medical affairs team in Germany
- Proactively collaborate with the commercial and medical affairs team on new as well as ongoing commercial strategies, thereby identifying and analysing legal risks and proposing appropriate actions to secure compliance with relevant rules, regulations, and policies
- Provide legal advice on market access, promotion and commercialization of medicinal products and competition law
- Support to establish and maintain a robust environment for Data Protection including guidelines and templates, draft and assess related agreements with third parties, manage requests from the business in close collaboration with the external local DPO and the Data Protection Department in HQ
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of agreements relevant to Galapagos’ operations
- Provide training to commercial operations staff regarding Data Protection as well as legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to the biopharmaceutical industry
- Manage commercial disputes and assist with litigation matters
- As a legal counsel for Germany, you will report to the Country Legal Counsel Germany, who has his reporting line into the legal head for commercial and medical affairs. You will also work within the team of legal counsels on joint projects.
Who are you?
- Master’s degree in Law
- At least 6-8 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to work independently. Well organized, independent and innovative. A commitment to operational excellence and getting the job done
- Pragmatic approach and a hands-on-attitude
- Excellent knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to market access, the GDPR, promotion and commercialization of medicinal products
- Experienced in supporting commercial operations functions; knowledge of contracts in commercial setting
- Excellent and confident presentational skills, both written and oral
- Flexible and creative, strongly developed business sense, able to take decisions under time pressure
- Good eye for detail and for compliance challenges
- Fluent (both oral and written) in English is a must
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As
‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your
job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who
stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal
and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind
Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading
position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research.
Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!