Senior Legal Counsel Business Development - Any Galapagos location
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), the Nordics (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland), Austria (Vienna) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel Business Development - Any Galapagos location
Scope of the job:
As Senior Legal Counsel Business Development you work closely with senior management and the business development team on major corporate initiatives, including collaborations, partnerships, licensing agreements, etc.
- You support major corporate initiatives, including collaborations, partnerships, licensing agreements, etc.
- You support critical collaborations with the alliance management team and serve as an advisor as the need arises
- You draft, reviews, analyze and negotiate a wide variety of agreements, including non-binding term sheets, licensing, collaboration and other agreements, often where no precedents exist
- You work closely with the intellectual property department to ensure accurate protection of intellectual property assets
- You interact with and advise senior stakeholders regarding legal and business issues including identifying, managing and communicating risks and opportunities associated with specific agreements, business objectives and initiatives
- You advise on relevant regulatory and legal matters impacting existing or proposed arrangements, including privacy, competition law, securities and corporate law and regulations
- You engage and manage outside counsel when external expertise is required
- Reporting to the Legal Head Corporate
Who are you ?
- Holds a master’s degree in law
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in corporate law, preferably in an international law firm or in an in-house counsel role
- Excels at advising clients regarding all aspects of contracts law and related areas
- Has a history of working on contracts related to business development, strategic alliances, partnerships & collaborations
- Possesses excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Can bring strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to pragmatically weigh risks and benefits of complex situations
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple deadlines
- Fluency in English, Dutch would be an asset
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!