Senior Director – Head of Commercial Finance Partners - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing biotech company with offices in Europe, in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists, we need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in Mechelen, Belgium we are looking for a Senior Director – Head of Commercial Finance Partners
Scope of the job
This position is responsible for financial business partnering for all aspects associated with the Commercial business unit. The individual will report to the VP Finance.
- Provide financial leadership to strategic decision making at global & local level to maximize the Global product results (sales, operating profit, cash flow). Partner with the SVP Commercial operations and the Global commercial leadership team and contribute to the management and growth of the business.
- Key member of the launch team for Filgotinib, first product launch of Galapagos
- Lead together with the SVP Commercial operations the formulation of the annual budget and long term strategic plans for the commercial business unit.
- Develop a deep knowledge of business fundamentals including the economic, commercial and regulatory environment, key categories, customer and competitor dynamics.
- Lead performance management: ensure global commercial management are provided with a complete and reliable flow of financial information which accurately reflects the performance by product. Develop right internal and external benchmarks.
- Manage pricing, discounts and product allocation to maximize sales and profits, through strong understanding of the Gross to Net framework.
- Support, advice and partner with all teams in the decision-making process to achieve sales targets and proper use of resources/investments.
- Lead marketing mix analysis to optimise advertising and promotion expense driven by ROI based decision making.
- Optimize working capital.
- Builds and leads the new Commercial Finance Partners Team
Who are you ?
- You have a bachelor or master degree (Finance, Economics…) or equivalent through experience
- You are a seasoned finance partner for commercial pharmaceutical activities (minimum 15 years), with a clear track record in implementing creative solutions and drive performance
- You are a strong leader with an entrepreneurial mindset
- You are a good communicator who is fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking)
- You have the ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems, keeping a positive mind set and always looking at the bigger picture.
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!