Senior Buyer Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing (CMC) - Mechelen, BE or Romainville, FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in US, (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Senior Buyer Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing (CMC) - Mechelen, BE or Romainville, FR.
Scope of the job
In the context of the launch of our first product on the market, you will act as a Senior Buyer with a focus on Pharmaceutical development: CMC (chemistry, manufacturing and controls), commercial manufacturing and Supply Chain.
As part of your scope, you will implement the category strategy for CMC development with Category Manager and other buyers.
Together with the Business Partner and stakeholders, you'll define and implement a category strategy for commercial manufacturing and supply chain.
- Understand Business needs to propose and update procurement strategies and support
- Support business in RFP performance, negotiations, benchmarks, trends and bid defense
- Create, update, populate and implement outsourcing purchasing tools (RFP-RFQ)
- Constantly dig on the market to bring innovation and understand the CDMOs cost structure in order to analyse efficiently the market
- Work closely with procurement officers and supply officers to ensure a full P2P process
- Supplier Relationship Management: with the support of internal customers, relationship building, data review and analysis, performance monitoring and improvement.
- Contracting: Systematically and efficiently co-lead supply agreement negotiation with legal and business
- Ensure, apply and deploy integrity of the procurement strategy that satisfy efficiency, regulatory, quality and saving goals
- Understand and adhere to the organization's policies and procedures and relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct
- Back up support of other buyers
Who are you?
- Master degree in purchasing, economics or business administration
- An initial diploma in life sciences (Pharmacy, Chemistry) or engineering is a significant plus.
- A minimum of 5-7 years in an international environment with experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing procurement is required.
- Excellent communication skills and team spirit are essential for success. The candidate should be able to work within an organization of highly educated, experienced professionals.
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills
- He/she has a high energy level and a drive to set up the right process culture within the fast growing and changing organization of Galapagos.
- Teamwork is critical, so the candidate must be a team player.
- Good interpersonal skills and communicative strength to support/coach development and manufacturing business functions
- He/she is result driven, dynamic and flexible. Strong work ethics are expected as well as talent for project leadership.
- SAP knowledge and experience
- Fluency in English. French and/or Dutch is a plus
- Flexibility to travel frequently within Europe
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!