Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Scientist Scale-up (temp contract - 6 months), Romainville, FR
Within the Development department based in Romainville (FR), the Scientist Scale-up is responsible for the route optimization and manufacturing of the first preclinical batch of API. The core purpose of the job is to ensure quality and timely delivery of the preclinical batch.
The scientist will work closely with the Scale-up team Leader, the Scale-up Director as well as with the CMC drug substance Leads.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry
- 1-3 years of relevant industrial experience, preferably in an industrial setting with a quality-driven environment applying standard operating procedures
- A previous experience in scale-up is an asset
- Strong knowledge in organic synthesis / experimental expertise
- Data gathering, problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Strong organization skills, a high degree of flexibility, resilience, and assertiveness are essential for success
General and Communication Skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Exemplary teamwork, organizational and self-management skills
- Good computer skills and proficient with specialized software (MS Office, chemical sketchers, MestreNova...) and databases (Sci-Finder)
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!