Scientist Organic Chemistry - Romainville, FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing biotech company with offices in Europe, in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists, we need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in ROMAINVILLE, France we are looking for a
Scientist Organic Chemistry (M/F, permanent contract, full time)
Scope of the job
You will be part of the medicinal chemistry group and will contribute to the Drug Discovery projects progression from Hit identification through Lead generation and optimization to the ultimate Pre-Clinical Candidate (PCC) nomination.
In compliance with good safety practices, you will:
- Ensure the synthesis of new molecules with a potential biological activity
- Identify new synthetic routes
- Optimize reactions conditions
- Ensure the purification of crude products and implementation of separation methods in organic chemistry (e.g. Flash chromatography & preparative LC-MS)
- Implement and analyze the molecules from modern analysis methods (e.g. NMR, UPLC,...)
- Extract relevant information from scientific knowledge databases to address synthetic challenges
- Propose/identify chemistries amenable to parallel synthesis
- Be responsible for preventive maintenance of lab equipment and participate actively to the management of the laboratory (ex: order of reagents or disposable materials,…).
- Report rigorously in due time the different steps of the experiment in laboratory notebook
- Prepare PowerPoint reports and give oral presentation to update activities on a regular basis
Who are you?
- You are passionate about organic synthesis and possess strong theoretical and practices skills.
- You hold either a PHD or a master in organic synthesis with 8 years of relevant experience in organic synthesis and laboratory work, ideally in pharmaceutical industry.
- Your strong interest for organic synthesis leads you to constantly aspire to develop your organic skills both from a knowledge and technical perspective.
- Experimentation and new technologies are at the heart of your interest centers.
- Effective problem solver and objective driven.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work well in both self-managed and team environment.
- You are highly motivated, proactive and rigorous. You have the ability to provide accurate work and reports.
- Flexibility and fast adaptation to new objectives.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in French and English (experimental protocols must be written in English)
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!