Scientist in vitro and in vivo in Metabolics and Kidney diseases- Romainville,FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Scientist in vitro and in vivo in Metabolics and Kidney diseases - Romainville,FR
Scope of the job
As member of a research team, the scientist supports projects in different therapeutic areas, including kidney and metabolic diseases, by providing exceptional scientific and experimental skills. In order to validate targets and evaluate activity and mode of action of GLPG coumpounds, we expect a strong background in kidney disease and in pharma/biotech industry. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and to communicate their research in cross-functional project team meetings.
- Your main responsibilities will be to propose, design and analyse biological material treated, ex vivo or in vivo, with reference and internal proprietary compounds in order to define their mode of action and their activity on certain biological pathways.
- In this context, you propose, develop, optimize and validate various protocols, methods required for your experiments based on the litterature. You also propose the technical approaches to be applied to different types of biological material such as cells, whole blood, biological fluids, tissue explants and tissue biopsies.
- You have a strong expertise in kidney disease, you can identify and apply the most relevant technical approaches and analytical methods for your studies and the studies in the disease area.
- You have a knowledge in omics, including transcriptomics and proteomics, and in the analysis and interpretation of data
- You work independently in a collaborative team-oriented setting
- You write reports, present data internally in different cross-functional team meetings
Who are you?
- PhD in Life Sciences. Experience in pharma/biotech industry is highly valued.
- At least 3-5 years of demonstrated experience and track record in kidney disease specially in the establishment on in vitro/in vivo models for the demonstration and evaluation of target engagement.
- You have a profound knowledge in kidney and metabolic diseases presents a big asset.
- You have a profound knowledge in the fields of molecular and cellular biology including most common biological pathways, as well as in the field of pharmacology
- You are experienced in a wide range of technologies (luminescent and fluorescent readouts, RT-qPCR, flow cytometry, ELISA, Western Blot, histology and immunohistochemistry)
- Experience in in vivo and ex vivo pharmacology is an asset
- Histology and immunohistochemistry knowledge would be valued
- Clear ambition to learn about and implement new technologies
- Rigorous and well organized; excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Dedication to excellence in science
- Team player able to work and communicate effectively in multidisciplinary matrix environment
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!