Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
Currently, we are looking for a Scientific Publications Lead.
This role is flexible and can be based in any of our locations.
Scope of the job
Within the Scientific Content & Communications dept., the Scientific Publications Lead supports the Galapagos Head of Publications in activities related to scientific publication activities such as: development and leading the strategic planning and delivery of Galapagos scientific, technical and medical publications, leading cross-functional publication teams (Galapagos product or research groups), maintenance of compliance and enhancing the company’s external reputation.
• Publications strategy and development supporting Galapagos drug & research projects.
• Leading the timely delivery of planned publications to target audiences, forging good links with experts, investigators, journal editors and internal Galapagos and research partners and stakeholders.
• Managing Galapagos publication teams and meetings.
• Running publication strategy workshops when appropriate.
• Managing medical communications agencies and overseeing tactical delivery so that they are delivering quality, to budget, strategy and time.
• Budget management and planning as needed.
• Overseeing publication management systems such as Datavision.
• Organizing reports and metrics to assist the group with planning.
• Assisting with the development of policies and SOPs that may be required by the publications department.
• Providing training on publication standards, policies & SOPs within the company as and when required.
• Maintain awareness of external requirements, with respect to publishing and complying with all external codes and ethical standards in publishing.
Who are you?
• Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD) preferred eg. in Biomedics or any scientific related field
• Experience with pharmaceutical publication planning required (min 7 years).
• Record of high-quality, peer-reviewed publications is required.
• Project and vendor management experience strongly preferred.
• Ability to assess effectiveness of published materials in communicating key medical and scientific messages.
• Fosters an environment conducive to positive performance and open communication across transversal teams.
• Ability to represent the Scientific Publications team, Global Medical Affairs and Galapagos in a positive and highly professional manner to all internal and external customers.
• Positive attitude and commitment to meeting goals and objectives.
• High degree of personal accountability and transparency; owns words and actions and sets positive and ethical example for entire team.
• Natural scientific curiosity and willingness to learn and absorb new content also by self-study.
• Strong analytical, synthetic mindset.
• Fluent English oral and verbal communication as well as excellent MS Office skills.
• This position requires some travel (<20%, congresses mainly).
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast-growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!