Sales Operations Lead - Remote position
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Austria (Vienna), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), the Nordics (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Sales Operations Lead for our Global Customer Insights & Engagement Operations team.
This position can be based in any of our European locations.
Scope of the job
The Sales Effectiveness Lead will be part of the Customer Insights & Engagement Operations team and responsible and accountable for driving processes & adoption in an integrated multi-channel approach to help commercial (country) teams to optimize sales excellence and resource deployment. This includes collaboration with business owners, country teams (National Sales Managers, Sales reps,…) as well as team members such as Analytics, and Training & Adoption.
- You understand how HQ & local Sales Operations work and drive successful implementation of an integrated multi-channel strategy
- You are comfortable in facilitating implementation of the customer engagement framework and support the increase in efficiency, sales and value to our customers
- You are a trusted point of contact within HQ for National Sales Managers and Sales Reps to support local pull through of sales & multi-channel existing capabilities closely link with Training & Adoption Lead
- Establish quantitative and qualitative KPIs and track performance in a standardized way
- Ensure high data quality and utilization of systems and reports by local and regional teams
- Provide (sales) insights & recommendations to the business for optimizing sales excellence
- Support countries in optimization of territory design & alignment on a regular basis
- Drive & monitor effective sales incentive models and track implementation and execution in a timely manner
- Continue the deployment of one repository and facilitate harmonization and optimization of processes for content localization of HQ material and local re-use
- Collaborate closely with marketing, CRM, Campaign & Event, and analytics colleagues in HQ and countries to ensure alignment, consistency & efficiency
- Work in close partnership with eLab Innovation team to improve existing sales operations capabilities. Provide valuable needs & business insights towards the innovation team.
Who are you?
- 5 - 7 years experience in commercial roles of which 3+ years on an international level (EU and/or global)
- Minimum Bachelors’ Degree (or equivalent) in Life sciences, Finance, Business or International Management - MBA or Master’s degree is an advantage
- Pharma and/or Medical Devices or similar Life Science industry experience is preferred
- Demonstrated track record with SFE matters such as, but not limited to, CRM, SF sizing, territory alignment, targeting & segmentation and incentive management
- Hands-on experience with Veeva CRM packages and knows how to set-up & implement systems across multiple countries in order to allow a fully integrated multi-channel approach
- Affinity with digital channels and IT systems
- Hands-on self-starter with proven experience to shape the function in close collaboration with the commercial teams
- Ability to work in a fast paced and growing organisation and deliver quick wins as well as future vision and roadmaps
- Strong communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Team player that effectively interacts with cross-functional stakeholders at multiple levels
- Experience in data management and analytics
- Working experience in digital/multi-channel marketing is a strong pre
- Experience as second-line leader managing field forces in multiple countries and/or TA’s
- Proficient in English
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast-growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!