Regional Market Access Manager, UK (Midlands & Wales)
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast-growing Biotech company with offices throughout Europe. We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit, status quo-fighters & collaborative innovators. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Regional Market Access Manager Midlands & Wales to join Galapagos' field based Value & Market Access team in the UK.
Scope of the job
The Regional Market Access Manager Midlands & Wales is required to lead and implement the local and regional access strategy with a broad range of payer and clinical customers to achieve or improve access for the Galapagos portfolio. The Regional Market Access Manager will work in close collaboration and partnership with the cross functional head office and field-based teams.
The main focus of the role will be working with Commissioners, Payers, Clinical Budget Holders and other relevant decision makers in the NHS to:
- Ensure appropriate and consistent patient access to Galapagos medicines within the regional payer, local CCGs/ICS’s, and provider trust environment
- Achieve optimal positioning of Galapagos medicines within local/regional clinical and commissioning guidelines
- Enable optimisation of funding for service elements (eg patient pathways) in the therapeutic areas within which Galapagos works
- Leading & implementing the Galapagos regional/local market access strategy pre & post launch
- Mapping out and developing strong working relationships with relevant local/regional NHS, ICS & CCG commissioning personnel to enable implementation of access strategies
- The ability to develop, articulate and refine brand value propositions through use of approved Payer Tools and messaging
- Responsible for developing and sustaining highly effective, well informed, credible, productive, and compliant working relationships between Galapagos and our external stakeholders
- Close proactive collaboration with cross functional teams to ensure alignment between national and regional/local plans.
- Identification of opportunities to optimise funding or service elements (eg patient pathways) in the therapeutic areas within which Galapagos works
Most of the Regional Market access Manager time will be focused on the therapeutic areas of Inflammation (IBD and RA)
What is your role?
- Accountability for the timely inclusion of Galapagos medicines onto local & regional formularies and clinical guidelines
- Removal of any regional or local barriers to patient access
- Responsibility for developing a deep understanding of the local policy & payer environment and a deep understanding of local NHS priorities – bringing insight into the organisation as to how these areas are commissioned, what key local access barriers and recommendations as to how key challenges can be resolved
- Scoping out the potential opportunities for Galapagos within the changing NHS environment including integrated health care organisations – reflecting back recommendations to the brand and market access teams and identifying the key decision makers with whom interactions should occur
- Proactively seeks to understand competitor activities, strategies, and programs and ensure that this competitive intelligence is shared broadly within the organisation.
- Ensure a close cooperative productive working relationship with colleagues in other teams e.g. other Commercial, Medical etc. to manage opportunities to ensure the successful implementation of all possible synergies
Who are you?
- Preferably scientific profile who can think independently and act autonomously.
- Qualified to degree level in relevant discipline
- 3-5 years market access experience
- Proven delivery of successful outcomes with payors
- Experience working the therapeutic areas of IBD/RA or Immunology and with established relationships within the local health economy
- Drive for self-development with a solution & action-oriented work ethic.
- Proven clear, concise communication, influencing, and negotiating skills
- Proven key account & project management skills & ability to prioritise and manage complex projects
- Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively & cross functionally
- Ability to think strategically & execute tactically
- Ability to lead and influence without authority, respond and adapt to the needs & requirements of the business
- Good knowledge of UK healthcare landscape, including national & local payors, providers and healthcare funding flows and ability to turn knowledge into insights
- Proven experience of interacting with and shaping relationships directly with healthcare stakeholders, especially payors
- Experience working in a payor organisation is desirable
- Knowledge of payor decision making process and who are the key payor stakeholders
- Microsoft Fluent
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
- ABPI qualified, Clean driving licence, right to work in UK
Note: This job description describes the principal and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job as they currently exist but is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule and is not part of the contract of employment.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company where you will be able to help the shaping of the completely new UK team and approach. As a ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!