Regional Access Manager - North West Italy
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices throughout Europe.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
Our Italian Market Access team is already quickly expanding, so we are looking for a Regional Access Manager for North West Italy!
Scope of the job
As Regional Access manager, you interact with different stakeholders to ensure Galapagos products availability to the patients. You will interact with Regional & Hospital Authorities, Decision makers and advocacies, included local physician association (ie SIR) and local patient association in partnership with other departments.
You develop and implement account plans and interact with different stakeholders. You work closely together with the medical department to focus on the scientific approach for the benefit of the patients.
- Establish awareness and use of our products in target accounts. This includes formulary listing, stocking of the product and prescribing in targeted accounts;
- Through regular contact identify and meet the on-going needs and expectations of targeted key account customers and in doing so build professional and productive relationships;
- Differentiate our products from the competition and establish Galapagos as a true partner and provider of choice;
- Apply account management approach, consultative selling skills, and clinical expertise to enhance our business and build support for Filgotinib;
- Demonstrates high impact negotiation skills in all customer environments to deliver access outcomes;
- Ensure a close cooperative productive working relationship with colleagues in other teams e.g. Business, Medical, etc. to manage opportunities to ensure the successful implementation of all possible synergies;
- Fulfill customer requests for information and/or expertise by coordinating with the appropriate resources within the business or team;
- Anticipate macro trends and shifts in the marketplace, which trigger customer strategy review and utilise this knowledge to help the shaping or reshaping of strategical and operational frames;
- Ensure that personal expertise regarding market and healthcare environments is maintained to enable effective decision-making, customer engagement and optimal performance against local targets;
- Create a regional and local stakeholder engagement plan and contribute, together with the cross functional team, to define the strategic plan;
- Provide timely environment analysis, from political and healthcare perspective, understand current and future scenarios, and define the landscape for regional market access plan;
- Build with regional authorities and ASL (local healthcare offices) top decision makers, long lasting partnerships and optimal conditions for patient best access to healthcare assistance;
- Demonstrate constantly the value of Galapagos products moving from the budget impact perception and approach to the HTA one (reduction in hospitalization, benefit in terms of increase QoL, etc.) and contribute to the establishment of Galapagos company reputation versus regional institutional SH.
- Represent Galapagos in front of regional authorities and ASL and build and maintain partnership between institutional body and the company;
- Understand regional and local access guidelines, and contribute to building a common ground of interest;
- Responsible for the local access process (listing in Hospital Formulary – PTOR - PTO) by early identification of key stakeholder and the relevant decision makers;
- Assure the best management of hospital business and relevant local SH;
- Proactively seek to collect market information (hospital sales trend, deep knowledge in regional approach), understand any changes in local access and act accordingly to sustain Galapagos products’ value;
- Proactively promote long lasting partnership with regional and hospital stakeholder;
- Actively contribute to cross functional team (Medical, mkt) sharing experience and contributing to problem solving;
- Seek information on account/area distribution approach;
- Complete administrative requirements, comply with guidelines and policies as set forth by the immediate manager, and company as a whole.
Who are you?
- Preferably scientific/economical profile who is able to think and act on a master/bachelor level;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a market access role;
- Having worked within therapeutic areas as rheumatology/inflammation/gastroenterology is an important asset;
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical or medical sales processes and procedures;
- Basic understanding of pharmaceutical/medical distribution processes;
- Previous experience of complex account management;
- At least 5 years of experience of regional and local healthcare system (with focus on healthcare regional and subregional management, healthcare policy);
- deep knowledge of regional and subregional law;
- Basic Pharmacoeconomic knowledge;
- Top level communication, influencing and negotiating skills;
- project management and x-functional work skills;
- Deep knowledge of the geographic area in charge, already established relationship is preferred;
- Strong influential leadership skills with the ability to manage stakeholders on different levels;
- Strong ability to understand market trends, financial data, customer needs, and assess new opportunities both quantitatively and qualitatively;
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required;
- Drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate and an action-oriented work ethic;
- Ability to think strategically & execute tactically.
- Good knowledge of national Health system at regional and local level (financing approach, health care policy approach, account healthcare service organisation);
- Ability to work cross functionally and project management skills.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company where you will be able to help the shaping of the completely new Italian team and approach. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!