Purchasing Assistant Commercial & Marketing - Leiden,NL
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists, we need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in Leiden, Netherlands we are looking for a
Purchasing assistant – Commercial (Sales, Marketing) and Medical services
Core Purpose of Job:
Assist purchasers in running day-to-day operations:
- Accountable for Operational purchasing on category :
- Marketing Services (Consultancy, Market research, Digital and Creative Agencies, Customer Insights)
- Market Access Services (Value and Access, HEOR, Competitive awarness
- Medical Services (medical communication agencies, Medical education, KOL and HCP disease awareness)
- Commercial Services (External Sales Forces, CRM)
- Common GnA and facilities spendings of the stakeholders (Consultancy, carrier, travel, agencies, mobile phones, etc.)
- IS licences / softwares
- Handle all PTP. administrative, logistic and invoicing
Ensuring compliance to procurement standards and alignment with procurement strategies.
- Ensure integrity of the internal processing in compliance with SoX obligations, HCP compliancy and Internal procedures
- Manage pro-actively order requisitions (OR) raised by internal customers
- Operational role: handle OR to purchase orders (PO) in respect of the purchasing policy, guidelines and procedures
- Supply chain documents management and process (RFQ-Delivery Notes-Claims-invoice issues) in respect of internal guidelines and obligations
- Manage issues (invoicing and logistic)
- Ensure, apply and deploy integrity of the procurement strategy that satisfy efficiency, regulatory, quality and savings goals
- Support Purchasers in negotiation with suppliers in order to generate savings (RFQ-trend-biding-benchmarking, etc.)
- Back up support of other purchasing assistants and buyers
Who are you?
- Master degree in Economics, Business Administration or equal by experience.
- A minimum of 2 years in an international environment with experience in services purchase is required with an experience in pharmaceutical environment or life science sector is a significant plus.
- Have good interpersonal skills and communicative strengths.
- Hands-on attitude, result and solution oriented
- Teamwork is critical, so the candidate must be a team player. Good communication skills are essential (verbal and written - English) as the role includes communication with senior management.
- Good knowledge of PTP process and supply chain documents
- Good knowledge of SAP IT system
- The flexibility and independence to work in remote in a changing and unstructured environment
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!