Purchaser - Category Buyer R&D Services - Paris, FR / Mechelen,BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in Boston (US).
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for a Purchaser - Category Buyer R&D Services - Paris,FR/Mechelen,BE
Scope of your job:
Buyer with main focus on Research and Development non-clinical services : Discovery outsourcing, Pre-Clinical studies , CMC services with CRO and CDMO.
- Support R&D business functions in negotiation, RFI-RFP, tenders analyses
- Identify opportunities of costs savings and timelines/quality improvements
- Support in setting-up contracts
- Operational procurement tasks management (ERP activities).
- Supplier relationship management (SRM): selection support, assessment, build tools for evaluation (metrics, KPI, etc.)
- Support the category manager in deploying the procurement outsourcing strategy and best practices
- Systematically and efficiently, support in legal contract review, approval of financial terms and conditions, compliance to maximize financial and operational performance and minimize risk. Sub-processes: Legal, Finance, Contracts Approval, Contract Management and Compliance.
- Ensure, apply and deploy integrity of the procurement strategy that satisfy efficiency, regulatory, quality and savings goals
- Ensure integrity of the internal processing in compliance with SOx obligations and internal procedures
- Back up support of other purchasers
Who are you?
- Master’s degree in purchasing, economics, business administration and initial degree in life sciences (Pharmacy, Chemistry or Biology) is a very significant plus.
- A minimum of 2 years in an international environment with experience in R&D procurement.
- Excellent communication skills and team spirit are essential for success. You should be able to work within an organization of highly educated, experienced professionals.
- You have a high energy level and a drive to set up the right process culture within the fast growing and changing organization of Galapagos.
- You are result driven, dynamic and flexible.
- Fluency in English and French, Dutch/Flemish is a plus
- Regular business trips in Belgium or France (depending location) and in the Netherlands to meet stakeholders in our 3 R&D sites
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!