Purchaser, Category Buyer CRO Clinical Trials Phase II, III and IV - Mechelen,BE (or France or Netherlands) SECONDMENT/CONSULTING ASSIGNMENT (12 month)
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium
(Mechelen), France (Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland
(Basel), Spain (Madrid), Italy (Milan), the UK (London), Germany
(Munich) and in the US, (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover
and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone
before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want
to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid
thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters.
Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the
best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Purchaser, Category Buyer CRO Clinical Trials Phase II, III and IV - Mechelen,BE (or France or Netherlands)
This position is a SECONDMENT/CONSULTING ASSIGNMENT (12 month)!
Scope of the job
Category Buyer CRO with main focus on Clinical trials Phase II-III-IV for R&D sites.
- Support business in negotiation, RFI-RFP, tenders analyses
- Identify opportunities of costs savings and support in setting-up contracts
- Operational procurement tasks management
- Supplier relationship management (SRM): selection support, assessment, build tools for evaluation (metrics, KPI, etc.
- Support the category manager in deploying the procurement outsourcing strategy and best practices
- Support business in RFP negotiations, benchmarks, trends and bid defence
- Create and implement outsourcing purchasing tools (RFP-RFQ)
- Formulate and analyse bid proposals for clinical trials in relation with the business.
- Understand the supplier’s and CRO’s cost structure in order to analyse efficiently the market
- SRM: with the support of internal customers, relationship building, data review and analysis, performance monitoring and improvement.
- Sub-processes: Supplier Segmentation, Supplier Performance Management, Create Purchasing reviews, Supplier Risk Management.
- Sourcing: Support business functions and Approach to Market, Sourcing Documentation Creation, Negotiation and Supplier Selection, Sourcing Implementation.
- Contracting: Systematically and efficiently support in legal contract review, approval of financial terms and conditions, compliance to maximize financial and operational performance and minimize risk. Sub-processes: Legal, Finance, Contracts Approval, Contract Management and Compliance.
- Ensure, apply and deploy integrity of the procurement strategy that satisfy efficiency, regulatory, quality and savings goals
- Ensure integrity of the internal processing in compliance with SOx obligations and internal procedures
- Back up support of other purchasers
Who are you?
- Master Degree in Economics, Business Administration or equivalent by experience, an initial degree in life sciences (Pharmacy, Chemistry or Biology) is a significant plus
- A minimum of 5 years in an international environment with experience in outsourcing clinical studies is required (either in phase II, or/and Phase III, or/and Phase IV)
- Hands-on attitude and result oriented
- Professional English level (French and/or Dutch is a plus but non mandatory)
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!