Project Assistant - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Project Assistant - Mechelen, BE
Scope of the job
You will provide administrative support to several development project teams in a pro-active way (mainly steered by the Project Manager). Furthermore, you will perform a back-up role for the Project Assistant colleagues.
- Provide administrative support to Project Team related meetings in all aspects: attendee management, meeting related travel, management of meeting rooms/venues at different on-site or off-site locations, support in agenda and minutes preparations, management of meeting related virtual tele/video tools/systems, meeting related purchases of goods, team building activities, and follow up on availability of presentations.
- Support the Project Manager in reviewing cross-functional planning for conflicting functional information in the EPPM (corporate planning tool). Support project related publication/communication activities related to the project (eg. archiving publications, scanning posters, insider list signatures).
- Execute certain tasks related to project team collaborative tools and systems (SharePoint, team database, contact lists, holiday calendars).
- Provide administrative support to Project related meetings/visits with/to External Service Providers.
Who are you?
- Bachelor’s degree Office Management or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in an administrative role in an international environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical or healthcare environment.
- Strong organization skills, ability to deliver against strict timelines and with high level of accuracy and ability to adapt to frequent changing business needs are essential for success.
- Contacts with stakeholders across the globe are frequent and require excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- In addition, a pro-active approach, a problem solving attitude and continuous strive to increased efficiency are highly desired.
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!