Product Specialist Inflammation (Rheumatology) - Belgium
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Italy (Milan), Spain (Madrid) and in the US (Boston).
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
Currently, we are looking for a Product Specialist Inflammation (Rheumatology)
Scope of the job
As a field-based Product Specialist, you will establish long-term relationships with highly specialized medical doctors in office-based, clinics and hospitals, as well as pharmacists and other health care professionals that provide treatment for rheumatology patients. You work closely together with the medical department to focus on the scientific approach for the benefit of the patients. As a well-informed ambassador, you also play an important role in developing awareness about the specifications of our new product.
- Maintain transparent communication continuously and encourage healthy debates.
- Establish awareness and use of the product in target accounts. This includes formulary listing, stocking of the product and prescribing in targeted accounts.
- Apply account management approach, consultative selling skills, and clinical expertise to enhance our business and build support for our product.
- Demonstrate a high ability to interact with customers, delivering impactful communication in all environments to support the use of the right treatment at the right time to the right patient.
- Fulfill customer requests for information and/or expertise by coordinating with the appropriate resources within the business or team.
- Achieving sales forecast within the assigned territory by establishing and executing account level plans
- Anticipate macro trends and shifts in the marketplace, which trigger customer strategy review and utilise this knowledge to help the shaping or reshaping of strategical and operational frames.
- Proactively seeks to understand competitor activities, strategies, and programs and ensure that this competitive intelligence is shared broadly within the organization.
Who are you?
- Preferably scientific/commercial profile who is able to think and act on a master/bachelor level
- Minimum 2 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales position
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical or medical sales processes and procedures to act according to ethic and compliance rules.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical/medical distribution processes
- You represent Galapagos on the field, specialist in our product, you act accordingly to Galapagos high standard and etiquette.
- Strong ability to understand market trends, financial data, customer needs, and assess new opportunities both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading in English is required.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing French or Dutch is required depending on the region in Belgium
- Drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate and an action-oriented work ethic
- Experience in Inflammation/Rheumatology is a plus.
- Ability to think strategically & execute tactically
What is in it for you?
You will be part of a fast-growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support, you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…