Product Manager IBD Inflammation Nordics
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), the Nordics and in US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Product Manager IBD Inflammation (Associate Director) for the Nordics (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland).
Location: flexible within the Nordics region.
Scope of the job
In the role of Product Manager Inflammation you will be fully responsible for all operational marketing aspects of our Inflammation business, with the aim of driving further growth across the Nordics. You will report to the Business Unit Director Inflammation and work closely together with the Inflammation team in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland, as well as with the wider cross-functional team (e.g. Medical, Governmental Affairs, Market Access).
- Lead Promotion Review Committee process to ensure marketing materials are cleared for promotional use, and secure final production
- Demonstrate excellence in project management and effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Leverage primary and secondary market research and analytics critical to directing brand strategies and optimizing marketing tactics
- Analyze complex problems and situations, provide logical recommendations and lead any required action planning
- Develop various marketing materials across digital and traditional channels as well as relevant activities that support our commercial strategy, such as risk assessment activities
- Set priorities in circumstances of continued complex and conflicting requirements
- Take a lead role in representing the company at professional events and promote company products at such events
- Ensure that all marketing activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Direct tactical plan development and implementation (e.g. own Brand Plan of Action process)
- Assist in the Latest Estimate financial forecasting process
- In close collaboration with the Business Unit Director, develop the brand strategy and analyze market developments to continuously optimize tactics, activities and materials
Who are you?
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related fields required
- MBA or other advanced business degree is desired
- Should have experience in the pharmaceutical industry, ideally in IBD, Inflammation or Immunology or related fields
- Experience as product manager in the Nordics region is mandatory
- Experience in managing advanced multichannel activities (e.g. apps, webinars, websites, e-detailing) is highly desired
- Previous experience in marketing research and/or pharmaceutical sales is required as well as understanding pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/priorities
- Recognized expertise in implementing a pharmaceutical communication plan, including generating publications, organizing continuing medical education activities and advocacy development
- Familiar with industry trends and remain current with competitor's resources and practices
- Successful record of developing external relationships leading to brand advocacy
- Track record of successful pharma/biotech patient/community marketing with an understanding of expense budget planning and tracking
- Solid understanding of highly competitive markets is an advantage
- Understanding of market access environment (e.g. tenders) in the Nordics as well as experience from financial planning processes is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to senior management and across functional areas
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict, and drive consensus among, individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to follow assignments through to completion (bias towards execution)
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate in English both orally and in writing are required - any other language is an advantage
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!