Procurement Operations and Shared Services Director - Mechelen, BE (or other EU location)
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing biotech company with offices in various locations all over Europe and in the US.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and
develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone
before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to
challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers,
entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative
innovators and perseverant idealists, we need the best-in-class. In
other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in Mechelen, Belgium (or other EU location) we are looking for a Procurement Operations and Shared Services Director.
Scope of the job:
As Procurement Operations and Shared Services Director you will be resresponsible for managing all operational elements of Procurement, including the Procure to Pay (P2P) process and associated systems and policies. You will direct the Shared Services categories of spend to ensure best value for the company.
Shared Services Category
- Lead a team of Procurement Category Managers and Buyers responsible for Shared Services Procurement. This will include everything in Shared Services Procurement (including: ITS, HR, Finance, Professional Services, Legal, FM, Office Supplies, Travel, Fleet).
- Champion your categories and take ownership of the creation and implementation of a category management strategy to ensure the organisation is getting the most value from their 3rd party spend across Shared Services.
- Active contribution to the ongoing development of functional capabilities to ensure value delivery is sustainable in the long term and effectiveness and efficiencies are improved on a continual basis.
Procurement Systems and Process Oversight:
- Develop a high performing team to drive P2P process improvement and best practice
- Responsible for Procurement processes and systems including (Procure to Pay, Source to Contract and the Sourcing process)
- Acts as subject matter expert, best practice advocate for the procurement process, governance, policies and procedures
- Identify continuous improvement and enhancement options, including standardization and automation opportunities
- Collaborates with the business to assess and implement User improvement feedback requests and enhancements, and proactively engages with Finance, ITS, Legal & Compliance partners to develop joint ways of working to meet business needs
- Support education and coaching of business users on the Procurement process
- Coordinate the development of group content for Procurement on the intranet, in collaboration with Communication department
- Assesses system, process & supplier risk & applies risk mitigation strategies. Aligns with Legal & enterprise risk management policies
- Define and maintain a global risk management process for Procurement to identify, report and mitigate supply chain related risks for the Procurement function
- Co-ordinate and support Audit, Risk and Compliance activities and plans for the Procurement function
- Supervise target results and ensures key performance indicators are in place consistent with the Procurement and enterprise goals
- Provide weekly and monthly reports
Who are you?
- You have a bachelor or master degree with +/-15 years experience
- You're a member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), or Institute of Supply Management (CPSM, or CPM) or another appropriate professional institute or relevant experience
- You have experience as procurement practitioner with the knowledge of category management, strategic sourcing, supplier and contract lifecycle management processes in a global business environment
- You have experience of global Procurement process management including the design, documentation and management of policies, processes and procedures
- You will need prior experience with end to end Shared Services category management and be able to demonstrate you have been able to deliver value in these areas.
- You're experienced working with senior stakeholders and operating in different cultures, ideally across geographies
- You possess strong commercial acumen and data presentation skills with an ability to influence and persuade stakeholders
- You manage ambiguity and being confident to take accountability for creating a governance model, resource plan and deliver plan to meet the business requirements efficiently
- You will need to bring a strong level of negotiation experience to the table, as this is a fairly new function you will also need to be able to challenge stakeholders when necessary.
- You are a strategic thinker and able to deliver value for money whilst maintaining crucial supplier relationships and the effective delivery of goods and services.
- Language Skills: English – fluent, EU languages desirable
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As
‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your
job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who
stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal
and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind
Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading
position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research.
Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!