Procurement Officer - Germany
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), Germany (Munich) France (Romainville), the UK (London), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in US, (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
Due to some exciting growth at Galapagos, we are looking for a Procurement Officer in Germany!
Are you ready conquer the world and make it happen with us?
Scope of the job
Execute operational tasks which are part of the core transactional processes of the Procurement.
- By executing in a timely and compliant manner, contribute to the successful execution of projects across the procurement categories.
- Procurement responsibilities for up to €5,000 for direct purchases.
- Close collaboration with the UK site and provide additional administrative support as and when required.
- Acting as central point of contact within the Procurement Category in order to timely follow up on the creation of schedules of work, purchase orders and invoice handling (goods receipt process, invoice mis/matches), ...
- Coordinate archiving of procurement project documentation according to the relevant records retention policy
- Continuous improvement: identify opportunities to improve transactional processes and other operational processes of the Procurement Category
- Support the business in order to make sure the purchasing processes are correctly and S0x (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) and GXP compliant executed.
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor Degree
- Substantial experience in a broad range of administrative support is required
- Substantial experience in working with various computerized business tools is required
- Experience in working within a matrix organisation is an asset
- Good understanding of Procurement WoW
- Teamwork and be able to do backups within the team
- Knowledge on working with business office tools, i.e. MS Office, SharePoint
- Knowledge on working with SAP
- Excellent communication skills both towards staff of various divisions and departments within the company as towards external contacts (e.g. contractors and consultants).
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!