Principal/Senior Scientist Statistical Modelling and Data Science - Mechelen,BE/Leiden,NL/Basel,CH
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Principal/Senior Scientist Statistical Modelling and Data Science - Mechelen,BE/Leiden,NL/Basel,CH
Our mission is to support drug development and post marketing through quantitative data analyses. We collaborate with medics, pharmacologists and epidemiologists to investigate clinical trial and real-world data providing scientific leadership and operational excellence. Our core business is the design and analysis of Phase 1-4 trials as well as accurate interpretation and communication of statistical results to support quantitative decision making.
You will be responsible for:
- Implementation of innovative modelling and machine learning methods to clinical trial design and analysis.
- Acting as Study Biostatistician: Design and analysis of Clinical Pharmacology trials in healthy volunteers and Proof of Mechanism/Concept studies in patients (prior experience a plus).
- Predictive Modelling and Simulation efforts to provide answers to complex problems bridging research, development, medical and epidemiology.
- Gaining insight in the specific disease area and the competitive treatment landscape through focused literature search and summarizing of publicly available data.
- Stay current with relevant modelling and data science literature and EMA/FDA guidance.
- Help with infrastructure: R (Shiny, Stan, Mediana, SparkR etc.), python (NumPy, PyTorch, PySpark, Scikit-learn etc.), cloud computing (Docker, Kubernetes, big data, Databricks etc).
- Implement best practices in terms of modelling and data science to build confidence and adequately assess the reliability of statistical methods used.
- Engaging with external consultants and qualified CROs who help us.
Who are you?
- You have a PhD in computer science, statistics, epidemiology or related fields with experience in modelling and data science, preferentially in pharma or medical research.
- You are a pioneer who likes working in a rapidly evolving environment.
- You have experience building predictive models in an industrial setting and a good working knowledge of pro/cons of various approaches to reach impactful pragmatic solutions.
- A demonstrated track record of collaborating with colleagues outside your field of expertise. In particular experience in the biotech/pharma landscape (e.g. pharmacologists, MDs, epidemiologists, molecular biologists) would be a plus.
- Having the interest and ability to acquire in-depth knowledge of the disease area is a core skill. You are a keen learner with a desire to understand the full problem setting surrounding your task.
- Knowledge of the various aspects of clinical development and regulatory requirements is a plus.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment. You are a team player and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of an amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!