Principal Technician In Vivo - Romainville, FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing biotech company with offices in Europe, in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists, we need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in Romainville, France we are looking for a Principle Technician In Vivo
Scope of the job
As Specialist in pharmacology, you will be in charge of in vivo experiments.
Under the responsibility of the team leader, you will, among other things:
- Implement in vivo protocols on infected animals within the framework of the safety, security and quality rules of the P3 containment laboratory
- Perform various tests in pharmacological studies: animal preparation, viral manipulation, weighing, preparation of therapeutic solutions and administration by different routes (iv, sc, ip, im, po), animal monitoring, samples and blood tests, biochemical assays ...
- Participate in the development of new procedures or new models of in vivo experimentation that may include surgery
- Record all stages of implementation in laboratory notebooks, participate in drafting procedures under the supervision of the team leader.
- Analyze, organize and present results (in PowerPoint, Excel, Word form)
- Participate in the management, the maintenance of equipment, the purchase of consumables and the organization of the laboratory
- Provide technical support for other projects within the team and pharmacology group.
Who are you?
- BAC + 2 minimum in biology / biotechnology / pharmacology
- Minimum level A in animal experimentation required (ex level II) + highly desired training in surgery
- Experience in a similar function greater than 5 years
- Good experience in rodents handling, methods of administration and sampling
- Good experience manipulation of microorganism (virus, bacteria)
- Awareness of hygiene and safety regulations for animal testing at P3 level
- Knowledge in physiology and animal health
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint software
- To be motivated, dynamic and conscientious in your work
- Have great adaptability and flexibility
- Know how to take initiatives
- Have a sense of responsibility
- Team working
- Mastery of the desired scientific English
This position requires working some weekends and holidays.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. You will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!