Pre-Clinical Development Project Manager - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Pre-Clinical Development Project Manager (PCD PM).
Scope of the job
The Pre-Clinical Development Project Manager (PCD PM) takes ownership of the project management of a functional part of various projects, from initiation to planning, execution, monitoring, controlling, delivery and closing. The PCD PM coordinates timelines, budget and risks of functional team deliverables within a specific domain of the drug development cycle. (S)He ensures the planning tool is used optimally to support the teams (template, timelines, resources, algorithms, costing, reporting). The PCD PM manages and ensures effective communication with all stakeholders. The PCD PM works with the Project Management Leader, PCD Lead, ADME Lead, Pharmacology Lead, team members, Line Managers, Finance Managers, Resource Manager, procurement and other Functional Project Managers on the project to manage the project.
- Together with the leads, the PCD PM translates the scientific strategy into a functional project plan within the GLPG Planning and Reporting tool (PlanisWare) for one or more drug development programs/projects
- The PCD PM creates functional project plans: sets timelines and dependencies between functional plan deliverables (and across functional plans in cooperation with other FPMs); defines budget and resource needs (with resource manager)
- The PCD PM performs critical path analysis, taking into account cross-functional interdependencies in the overall development project plan
- (S)he performs variance analysis on timelines and budgets, against a pre-defined baseline
- The PCD PM works with functional project team members to enable timely completion of functional activities by continuously monitoring progress balancing scope, cost, timelines and risks
- (S)he identifies and manages operational risks and issues with the team and ensures implementation of contingency planning with the team
- The PCD PM drives lessons learnt sessions and provides a secure environment for team members to evaluate the project activities and learn from earlier experiences
- The PCD PM supports and drives the functional project costing input during Budget and Forecasting exercises
- (S)he performs scenario simulations and advises on optimum development planning, as needed
- The PCD PM ensures communication of project status (e.g. time, cost), develops and runs project plan reports and distributes to stakeholders
- The PCD PM develops, maintains and optimizes functional project plan templates in line with the GLPG business processes, internal benchmarks and stakeholders
- (S)he ensures the PlanisWare tool (EPPM) is used in an optimal way to support the teams and (s)he contributes to a sound project environment allowing the functional team to focus on project delivery
- The PCD PM contributes to process optimization task forces and constantly strives for optimization of the project management performance within Galapagos
Who are you ?
Education & experience:
- Master’s degree
- +3 years of experience in a drug development area (preferably preclinical, etc.) and/or in project management for drug development projects/programs
- Good knowledge of the drug development cycle, particularly of the complex interactions between the various contributing functions (preclinical, clinical, CMC, regulatory etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of information systems and business processes for project planning/management and reporting
- Experience and knowledge of project management methodology and project planning tools (MS Project, PlanisWare, ...)
- A Project Management Certification (PMP, PRINCE2 or equivalent) is a plus
- Experience with PlanisWare and SAP is a plus
- Proficient use of MS Office applications is a must
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Coaching, collaborating, facilitating and leadership skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Proven track record of consensus building and conflict management in challenging situations
- Contributing to a sound project environment allowing the team to focus on project delivery
- Nurturing innovation and supporting the team to bring innovation to reality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in English (both in speaking and in writing)
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!