Patient Advocacy Manager - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville, Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Spain (Madrid), Italy (Milano) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Patient Advocacy Manager.
Scope of the job:
The purpose of this role will be to support the Patient Advocacy Lead in ensuring that we are truly embracing a Patient-first approach, creating value for patients, with patients. Informed by an in-depth understanding of the needs and the expectations of the patient communities across the regions and in close collaboration with key external stakeholders and internal partners at global and country level, the Patient Advocacy Manager will ensure appropriate support to roll out the patient advocacy plan and to foster partnership with relevant patient organizations to ensure we deliver on our patient partnership commitments.
- Provide project management, planning, technical and operational support to the Patient Advocacy Lead across therapeutic areas by execute the patient advocacy action plan and supporting the implementation of the patient advocacy strategy.
- Support the Patient Advocacy Lead in the establishment and the management of long-term relationships with the relevant patient organizations. This includes assisting with the development of relevant tools and resources for the purpose of patient engagement across the organization.
- Internally, act as a key ambassador to ensure that the patient voice is embedded in key internal functional strategies and the patient perspective is considered in alignment with the cross-functional teams.
- Assist with the development of best practices in handling the relations with patient organizations and ensure internal coordination around patient groups activities across the company.
- Work in close collaboration with the Medical Country teams, Global Medical Affairs, Commercial/Marketing, Legal and Compliance to ensure consistent and aligned patient focused plans and strategies.
- Support the development of SOPs or governance required to ensure compliant and appropriate interaction with patients.
- The role will report to the Patient Advocacy Lead.
Who are you?
- Master’s degree in social sciences, health policy, political sciences, communications, international relations, or other relevant field;
- 5 or more years relevant experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical company, in academia, in a patient organization or another not-for-profit organization, with an understanding of the pharmaceuticals environment and healthcare systems
- Knowledge of the drug development process and the biotech industry
- Background and experience in patient engagement and advocacy, more specifically for pre-launch and launch activities
- Demonstrated expertise in inflammation and fibrosis preferred
- Working expertise at a global level nice to have
- Knowledge of patient insight-generation activities, resources and tools
- Experience in partnering and collaborating with external vendors/agencies
- Driven by a strong sense of patient-centricity, recognizing the value of patient engagement for a biotech company
- Genuine interest for patient engagement and patient-centric mindset
- Persistent and resilient in the face of challenges and complexity (internal and external).
- Demonstrated track record in delivering a new capability or driving a change effort
- Autonomous with projects, solution minded
- Strong organizational project management and time management skills
- Proactive, self-starter and able to work on multiple concurrent assignments
- Strong communications skills, and experience in adapting communication to a multicultural context.
- Relationship building capacity, can-do attitude and proactivity, collaborative mindset
- Good problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, resources and project initiatives in a global environment
- Integrity and high ethical standards; ensures all aspects of compliance are adhered to when working directly with patients and with patient organizations
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate impactfully with a diverse range of stakeholders in a matrix environment.
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!