Operational Pricing Leader
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for an Operational Pricing Leader!
V&MA Operational Pricing will be responsible for leading the operation pricing, governance, approvals, and implementation of pricing agreements across the Galapagos pipeline, including our first product during its launch year. This role will lead within the organization to closely to align with the V&MA strategy leads, Global Pricing Committees members, Affiliates, Finance and Commercial colleagues. The overall aim will be to ensure that patient access conditions reflect the value of Galapagos and our products, and to ensure that patients have timely access to treatments that improve and extend their lives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage internal pricing and approval processes
- Assist the Global Pricing Committee in reviews, management of meetings, agenda, minute taking and follow-up actions
- Lead on the input of P&R risks and opportunities to business development activities
- Monitor and report targets and KPIs on P&R activities
- Lead the V&MA P&R skills, capabilities, and organizational development programs to ensure functional excellence
- Manage key reference points for external communications on P&R related topics
- Conduct pricing and access related competitive intelligence and market research on the competitor landscape
- Lead the pricing implementation, pricing approval process and ensure proper pricing governance for Galapagos-owned territories
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure consistent reporting of prices across the organization and in the business planning process
- Track P&R submissions and decisions worldwide
- Develop and maintain the internal global pricing database in close coordination with V&MA asset leads and Affiliate colleagues
- Create and analyse pricing information while crafting reports for business leaders, alliance partners, and the executive team
- Generate and lead best practice sharing sessions to leverage internal GLPG P&R expertise and learnings from negotiation experiences
Who are you?
You are a professional preferably with an MBA or other graduate degrees. You have at least 3 years of global Operational Pricing experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Experience in Affiliate Operational Pricing is a plus. You are someone with superior analytical skills who can figure out tough problems and to craft thoughtful, clear, and logical business cases and executive summaries. Experience with hospital-reimbursed products or inflammation is a plus. You have excellent project management skills, in a fast-paced environment, with a demonstrated ability to lead multiple workstreams and priorities. You should have demonstrated an ability to make clear recommendations to executives in the face of uncertainty and to identify & implement activities to ensure successful payer activities. Last but not least, you have outstanding written and verbal communication skills. You are here to work within Galapagos to unlock the value that our medicines bring to patients and HCPs through smart success with payers.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast-growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in biopharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!