Medical Science Liaison Manager Italy
We are pleased to meet you. We are Galapagos, a dynamic, fast growing biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Germany (Munich), Great Britain (London) and in the USA (Boston).
Our job is to change the lives of our fellow human beings. In our quest to discover and develop life-enhancing drugs, we venture into completely unexplored territory. We see new opportunities in every challenge we are faced with. We want to try the impossible. We need thought leaders and quick thinkers, people with an entrepreneurial spirit who are not satisfied with the status quo. We need cooperative innovators and tireless idealists. We need the best in class. In other words, we need you: the “doers”.
Due to our exciting collaboration with Gilead Sciences, we are looking for the Medical Science Liaison Manager in Italy.
Are you ready to conquer the world and shape the future together with us?
Scope of work
Act as leader by mentoring, coaching and developing MSL's to fulfill their potential, while also delivering business objectives.
- Be a scientific expert in Inflammation and Rheumatology and is responsible for assessing the condition of the disease and solely in hindsight our products, patient treatment trends and studies in the areas in which we operate are to discuss on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of external clinical and non-clinical stakeholders (doctors, pharmacists, hospital managers, board members of scientific societies and other stakeholders) in accordance with the general stakeholder mapping and as a trustworthy one to be regarded as a scientific contact and partner.
- The MSL role is field-based. They serve as a field-based extension of the Medical Affairs team.
- Through scientific interactions, you will gain valuable insight into treatment patterns and scientific activities in the field of inflammation and Rheumatology and you will provide strategic input to the company's medical affairs plan.
- Through scientific interactions with external stakeholders, you increase the medical value of our products, based on the risk-benefit profile of our drugs, and contribute to the promotion of innovative therapeutic approaches for patients.
Who are you?
- You have a higher degree in Life Sciences (MD, PharmD, or PhD or equivalent) is required
- You have great experience as MSL in the field and more than 3 years of line management experience
- You have a solid track record of effective and influential oral presentations within the healthcare / science industry
- You have excellent people management skills
- You have proven medical, clinical, or research experience in inflammation and rheumatology
What's in it for you?
You become part of a fast growing amazing company. As a “doer” you receive all the support you need to carry out your work successfully. Galapagos strives to recruit the best people who set themselves apart through integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our people are the strength of Galapagos, a highly motivated team dedicated to maintaining the Galapagos leadership position and making breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive compensation package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can do it!