Medical Science Liaison Lead
We are pleased to meet you. We are Galapagos, a dynamic, fast growing biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Germany (Munich), Great Britain (London) and in the USA (Boston).
Our job is to change the lives of our fellow human beings. In our quest to discover and develop life-enhancing drugs, we venture into completely unexplored territory. We see new opportunities in every challenge we are faced with. We want to try the impossible. We need thought leaders and quick thinkers, people with an entrepreneurial spirit who are not satisfied with the status quo. We need cooperative innovators and tireless idealists. We need the best in class. In other words, we need you: the “doers”.
Due to the accelerated commercialization within RA/Gastro and rapid growing team, we are looking for the Medical Science Liaison Lead in Spain.
Are you ready to conquer the world and shape the future together with us?
Scope of work
- Act as leader by mentoring, coaching and developing MSLs for best performance and career development, while also delivering affiliate objectives, developing strategic partnership with internal stakeholders
- Inspire and motivate positive team work spirit by active, open and constructive communications
- Be knowledgeable in Immunology, preferably in Inflammation (RA/Gastro)
- The MSL Lead role is field-based. It serves as a field-based extension of the Medical Affairs team and works very closely with the back-office Medical Affairs colleagues. He/She defines the MSL strategy within Medical Affairs and lead the MSLs to ensure full implementation of the regional Medical Plans
- Strengthen KOL management in the field by building up the capability and capacity of MSLs to ensure high quality scientific engagements
- Enhance the cross-functional collaboration between MSLs and all stakeholders. Ensure the insights generated by MSLs have been provided for internal strategy development
- Budget and timeline control on MSL activities
- Ensure compliance adherence with local requirements and SOPs
Who are you?
- You have a higher degree in Life Sciences (MD, PharmD, or PhD or equivalent) is required
- You appreciate the diversity of working with multifunctional teams
- You have experience as MSL in the field in Spain and more than 3 years of line management experience
- You have a solid track record of effective and influential oral presentations within the healthcare / science industry
- You have excellent people management skills together with excellent team building and cross functional abilities
- You have proven medical, clinical, or research experience in Immunology (Rheumatology and/or Gastroenterology preferred)
- You are proficient in English, written and verbal, and in local language
What's in it for you?
You become part of a fast-growing amazing company. As a “doer” you receive all the support you need to carry out your work successfully. Galapagos strives to recruit the best people who set themselves apart through integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our people are the strength of Galapagos, a highly motivated team dedicated to maintaining the Galapagos leadership position and making breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive compensation package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can do it!